Ruined the bag I received yesterday....heartbroken

Sooooo, off it went today. Now the wait begins. I will update everyone with pics hopefully in no more than 12 weeks. In the mean time I will research, how to keep vachetta looking great, and how to get an even patina on the entire bag (for when it returns).
Thanks for all the input!

Yay! I think that was definitely the right decision!! I can't wait to see how it comes back.

Reactions: designer1
Did they give you an estimate on the cost to replace the vachetta?
I just got a call this morning, they quoted me $ 300 CDN, ($230 USD) to replace the entire bottom of the bag. Everything else is in excellent condition he said. Now....I will research how to get the virgin vachetta looking darker, to match the rest of the bag, when it comes back to me. Wait time he said, 6-8 weeks, as it gets shipped to California.

Last edited:
I just got a call this morning, they quoted me $ 300 CDN, ($230 USD) to replace the entire bottom of the bag. Everything else is in excellent condition he said. Now....I will research how to get the virgin vachetta looking darker, to match the rest of the bag, when it comes back to me. Wait time he said, 6-8 weeks, as it gets shipped to California.
That’s awesome!

Reactions: SkeeWee1908
Now....I will research how to get the virgin vachetta looking darker, to match the rest of the bag, when it comes back to me.
Um, I think you need to learn your lesson from the last time you tried your own at-home fix. Maybe you should just leave well enough alone.

But if you want to ruin a brand new repair right after getting the bag back just like you ruined the bag right after buying it, that's your choice...

Last edited:
That's great! This repair will be worth the effort and the wait. :smile:

Just tan it in front of a sunny window.

I wouldn't do anything to the new vachetta, either...but if you feel you must, I'd either follow the Patina Champ method (do a search, her thread is easy to find on here) or watch this video and do what he does. I've used the method in Ashley's video with all of my bags and I can vouch for it.

Yes, I read up on the Patina Champ, and will try that with one of my other bags, before trying with the Noe, thanks for sharing that!

I usually spray mine with a rain repellent (to prevent water spots) that doesn’t darken vachetta then I leave it alone. IMO to develop an even patina without the dirt and grime it’s imperative to allow it to darken on its own initially.