Ruby red... should I?

anyone can help resize that photo for mariz to see better? TIA!

Here you go! Beautiful Ruby...

attachment.php

attachment.php

mariz, as you can see, in my 2nd photo, you can only very slightly tell that there is a very small trace of pink in the leather. but that's pretty much the maximum amount you can see, and only under certain lighting (fluorescent).

hope this is enough info for your decision! :biggrin:

i feel like i'm the ruby cheerleader ! :dothewave:

THis is the absolute best balenciaga red that I have ever, ever owned! I just got my GSH ruby work from ****** today and it is just BEYOND!!!!!!!!!! I posted pics of it on my blog, check it out, even though my pics are craptastic because my camera is junk. I am going to post pics in the daylight tomorrow!

Ruby rocks! I'll second what most have already said:
Cool bluish red. If you like RT you'll like Ruby. The other reds in the past few years have been more with orange undertones. Most similar to my 04 true red (now sold). I've been most happy with Ruby, after owning most of the reds at one time or another.

Bridget, you must have had a different dye batch. One that was much more washed out. In certain lights I can almost catch a glimpse of pinky/blue undertones. I would have been very disappointed also had I received one like that. Mine is very saturated though.

Also great leather on most I've seen.

Attachments

• img_0473.jpg
    img_0473.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
mariz, as you can see, in my 2nd photo, you can only very slightly tell that there is a very small trace of pink in the leather. but that's pretty much the maximum amount you can see, and only under certain lighting (fluorescent).

hope this is enough info for your decision! :biggrin:

i feel like i'm the ruby cheerleader ! :dothewave:

Yes, flouorescent is exactly it! I first noticed the pink in my ruby work when shoe shopping. The color looked rather flat under that lighting and I remember being disappointed. But that soon changed when I got back out into the natural daylight and took another look.

I love the info on threads like this. I don't live near a Bal store, but have long wanted a red Bbag. Ruby sounds perfect for me! I wouldn't want orangey undertones. And I'm not planning to buy any more bags until summer.