Rosie O'Donnell

Rosie O'Donnell Expected to Join The View
Friday Apr 28, 2006 7:40am EST
Friday Apr 28, 2006 11:55am EST (updated)
By Stephen M. Silverman
rosie_odonnell.jpg

CREDIT: CHRIS DELMAS / VISUALPRESSAGENCY

Rosie O'Donnell is joining the current game of TV musical chairs. On Friday, a formal announcement is expected to name the former talk show host as the replacement for Meredith Vieira on The View.

ABC officials declined comment on the prospect of O'Donnell's hiring, which was first reported on TV's Extra, but several news sources have confirmed the casting.

Friday's edition of The View, which is usually broadcast live, was taped, because its cast and crew are in Los Angeles for the Daytime Emmys ceremony – where the announcement is scheduled to be delivered by both O'Donnell and View co-creator Barbara Walters, a source tells PEOPLE.

Continue reading here

hfxshopgirl said:
i can't stand rosie...was so happy when her talk show went off the air. this does not make me happy, she's soooo annoying. i've officially stopped watching the view.

Amen! Just hope she won't use The View as another one of her soapdishes. That's getting real old real fast......Now put on Ellen DeGeneres...now she is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

print*model said:
Elizabeth is about as far out of her league as you can get when it comes to just about any subject other than perhaps babies or football. Her wayyyyy too uptight conservative opinions about EVERTHING clashing with Rosie's liberal "view" of life??? - I predict a bloodbath.

Right on!!! print model..

jasanna143 said:
Amen! Just hope she won't use The View as another one of her soapdishes. That's getting real old real fast......Now put on Ellen DeGeneres...now she is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh-heh. Soapbox, not dish. :biggrin: I'm with you on Ellen, she is pee your pants funny.

It's official, Rosie and Barbara Walters announced it on the Daytime Emmys tonight. I've never seen the View, but it seems like an interesting move. I loate Star Jones, I hope she's history too.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rosie O’Donnell Blames Oprah

rosievv.jpg

Rosie O'Donnell the newest co-host of the View says she would have retaped the Oprah-Tom Cruise couch jumping episode.

She revealed to Newsweek magazine:

"I wasn't mad at him. I was mad at Oprah. Oprah, couldn't you have said, 'Tommy, come here! Don't jump.'"

"Here’s what I said. I said it was a taped show and if I had been Oprah, I would have said ‘Cut. Tommy, come here. Don’t do that jumping. It looks absolutely ridiculous. Take two everyone. Burn the tape.’ That’s what I would have done."