Rosie O'Donnell

LOOKINGOOD35 said:
Wow, I can't believe she said that about O.
This is the reason I am not a Rosie fan
She thinks she has a right to say what she wants

LOL Last time I checked we ALL had the right to say what we want...

I think it was good of Rosie to stand by Tom....so he jumped on Oprah's couch....big deal....sounds like she's one of the only people who isn't going to write him off because of it. We've all done something at one point in time that we've looked back on later and thought, "wow what was I thinking?" ....none of us are perfect (even those who'd like to think they are!!).

I'm not a fan of Oprah at all...and I think it's a little naive to think that she's completely unaware of a little thing called "ratings".

Sorry, I'm in the minority here, but I think it's a funny joke.
Not laugh out loud, but at least it puts a humourous twist on the situation, a NEW twist.
The whole Tom on Oprah thing is so old, and this is the first time Rosie's had a voice on TV since it happened.
You'd think that every opinion on the Tom/Oprah thing has been heard, but this was new.

I'm not reading into it very much though.

Kellybag said:
Well...don't know where to comment on this one? Maybe Oprah wanted "the press" even as big as she is...Rosie is correct, she has the power to cut the taping. Something to think about.

It is also nice to see that Rosie would stand behind someone even when everyone is bashing him. It does say something about her. She always stood behind him and she still is now.

The only fact is we will never know the truth like all of this celebrity gossip. One can only wonder.

You are so right! I totally agree with you. Oprah just wants to get more and more people to watch her show and get more publicity, I don´t see anything wrong about it, but I´m saying that what Rosie said is kind of the truth.

And yes, we can only wonder what happens there when the cameras are off. My guess is, that Tom(and maybe Katie also) is doing drugs or something. They just are too much in loooove.

I knew Tom Cruise was crazy way before the whole couch jumping incident but that is besides the point. I really don't see how she can blame this on Oprah. I'm sure Tom could have asked her to edit that part it out if he wanted to. Better yet, he should have had more self control and not done it in the first place, it's not like someone taped him with out him knowing about it.

WOW :shame: I don't see his jumping on O's couch as a crazy thing :shrugs: He's in love and expressing how Katie makes him feel, what's so awkward about that? I like Tom, as for Oprah editing the tape, why? :confused1:

Sounds to me that Rosie is just the kind of friend that will always look out for someone's best interests....I was watching the show when she made the comment about Tom jumping on the couch on the Oprah show. I don't remember her saying she was "mad at Oprah"...she just said she would have done it differently. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I think I would have remembered her saying she was "mad at Oprah" because it's sort of a bold statement to make.

edit: I still think Tom is a weirdo....

LOL Last time I checked we ALL had the right to say what we want...

I think it was good of Rosie to stand by Tom....so he jumped on Oprah's couch....big deal....sounds like she's one of the only people who isn't going to write him off because of it. We've all done something at one point in time that we've looked back on later and thought, "wow what was I thinking?" ....none of us are perfect (even those who'd like to think they are!!).

I'm not a fan of Oprah at all...and I think it's a little naive to think that she's completely unaware of a little thing called "ratings".

Rosie can stand by Tom and still not blame Oprah.

As for the ratings comment, what are you talking about? What television person IS unaware of a little thing called ratings? Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe she didn't see it as a huge deal? And besides, the show was taped in front of an audience. Even if she threw out the tape and told them to do it over with Tom not jumping up and down, someone in the audience would probably have gone to the press about what happened. So it still would not have been a "secret." I think its just completely ridiculous that OPRAH is being blamed for HIS actions.

You are so right! I totally agree with you. Oprah just wants to get more and more people to watch her show and get more publicity, I don´t see anything wrong about it, but I´m saying that what Rosie said is kind of the truth.

um isn't the point for her TO get more people to watch her show? :rolleyes: Hating much? Besides, Oprah's show has been going strong for years without her needing Tom Cruise jumping on her couch to get more viewers.

I think Tom WANTED the whole world to see him acting this way. This was his way of saying he was head over heels in love with Katie, no matter how ridiculous we all think it was. He behaved that way because he wanted to. Oprah just did what Tom wanted...I don't get it???

I think Tom WANTED the whole world to see him acting this way. This was his way of saying he was head over heels in love with Katie, no matter how ridiculous we all think it was. He behaved that way because he wanted to. Oprah just did what Tom wanted...I don't get it???

I really didn't think his behavior was all that ridiculous. Just like I didn't understand why people got all bent out of shape when Howard Dean screamed like that during campaign season. :shrugs: Sometimes I think people forget that these people are human and may have what are considered corny moments.