Rolex Mother of Pearl (MOP) Dials...Yes/No?

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
I am thinking of buying a Rolex with a MOP dial with diamond markers. Currently, I have a SS/white gold bezel ladies Rolex with a white roman numeral dial. I would like to know likes/dislikes if you own MOP. The SA told me that they are harder to read. Please let me know your thoughts. ;)

I own a Rolex with MOP dial and diamond markers and I love it.
I suppose that it can be alittle harder to read than the white dial, but it's not a big deal to me and the MOP is so much nicer looking IMHO :smile:

I have a mid-size SS with black MOP and diamond markers. It's an awesome face and takes on so many colours. (I also have a two-tone, with Roman Numerials and diamond markers).

How old are you guys that have the MOP? With the exception of the black MOP, I think the white ones would be hard to read. But it depends on your age and when/if you eventually need reading glasses. I had lasik eye surgery when I was 38 and my dr. predicted that I would eventually need reading glasses when I turned 40. Well, it wasn't until this year (age 45) that I finally began to notice the change in reading clothing labels for washing instructions and frozen food labels for cooking instructions. I know it is just a matter of time (pardon the pun) before I have trouble reading face on watch. So while I absolutely love the MOP, I wouldn't get one at my age. Different situation if I was in my 20's or 30's....

Hokaplan,
I'm in your exact situation, without the lasik surgery and most of the time i can read my watch just fine.
Sometimes though, when I'm outside in bright sunlights it's alittle tough to read.
It's so beautiful that it's worth the effort though :smile:

I have the TT datejust with SILVER JUBILEE DIAMOND DIAL and compared it last week to MOP and actually very similar from a glance. I love mine. The MOP is beautiful too, but is more money. Mine is very easy to read, as I need reading glasses too, as Hokaplan mentioned in her post.

Well...I have tri focals and maybe that is why the SA told me to not get MOP, but I love the look! I saw a yellow gold Rolex with silver MOP with diamond markers and a white gold with MOP and lots of bling...so pretty!

Hi all!! I saw this thread and can't help but come in because I was eyeing this Rolex MOP Datejust by Melrose Diamonds.

Was just wondering since all of you own Rolex, do any of you buy them online? If so, any good reliable retailers to recc.?

Do feel free to PM me if the information is not convenient to be shared openly.

Thanks!!! =)