Rogue top handle question

jpark2

Jun 9, 2015
For those of you who have tried or own the Rogue top handle, do you find that it’s uncomfortable to carry as a shoulder bag because the top handle is in the way?

It's not uncomfortable to carry as a shoulder bag but I can feel the handles, folded in towards each other resting on the inside top of the bag. When I push the bag back a little on the shoulder, it feels much better. I think the newer Rogue bags have handles fold out onto the outside of the bag. My guess is this should eliminate the issue.

Reactions: jpark2
A couple of the responses here appear to be about the rogue and not the rogue top handle. I personally did not find it difficult to shoulder carry, but only would do that when needed to be hands free. Otherwise I used the top handle to carry.

Sorry, i should have posted a picture to be more clear. @Alexa5 is right - this is the bag I was referring to:
ED1FDA92-33C5-44E5-95FF-0CAF9D03C5C1.jpeg379675F3-229C-497C-A2CE-76BFCC1E53D9.jpeg
I love the size, looks, and versatility of the bag, but it seems like it would be awkward to carry as a shoulder bag with the chain strap, which I would like the option to do as long as it is comfortable.

Reactions: Alexa5
Sorry, i should have posted a picture to be more clear. @Alexa5 is right - this is the bag I was referring to:
View attachment 5933152View attachment 5933159
I love the size, looks, and versatility of the bag, but it seems like it would be awkward to carry as a shoulder bag with the chain strap, which I would like the option to do as long as it is comfortable.
It works fine if you don’t mind a close carry. It is not nearly as awkward as that photo shows as the top handle lays nicely.

Reactions: nyeredzi and jpark2
A couple of the responses here appear to be about the rogue and not the rogue top handle. I personally did not find it difficult to shoulder carry, but only would do that when needed to be hands free. Otherwise I used the top handle to carry.
Did you find that you need to push the bag to the back to carry it over the shoulder, so that the handle is out of the way?

I never found the handle to be in the way. I don’t have any right now, but I used to have a few. That was never an issue, but I carry all of my bags with that link strap and am used to the short carry of it. I think it would be more about if you are okay with shorter shoulder straps, not so much the handle being in the way.

I never found the handle to be in the way. I don’t have any right now, but I used to have a few. That was never an issue, but I carry all of my bags with that link strap and am used to the short carry of it. I think it would be more about if you are okay with shorter shoulder straps, not so much the handle being in the way.
I see. Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m happy to hear it wasn’t an issue for you. I’m looking forward to trying it out for myself now.

I don't have a Coach store anywhere around me so most of my purchases are online and I haven't usually have not seen the bag I am purchasing in person which can be nerve racking. I just ordered the matte black Rogue top handle. I have been unable to find any reviews on it but it looked stunning and I couldn't resist it. I was also thinking that they won't put this color way on sale before I can travel to a store. I was able to use my birthday discount which helped with some of the sting. Does anyone here have one or has anyone seen one in a store?

Reactions: jpark2
I don't have a Coach store anywhere around me so most of my purchases are online and I haven't usually have not seen the bag I am purchasing in person which can be nerve racking. I just ordered the matte black Rogue top handle. I have been unable to find any reviews on it but it looked stunning and I couldn't resist it. I was also thinking that they won't put this color way on sale before I can travel to a store. I was able to use my birthday discount which helped with some of the sting. Does anyone here have one or has anyone seen one in a store?
Theres a YouTube video of a person reviewing her black/black Rogue top handle. The bag looks great.

I’ve actually been coveting the black/oxblood version, which is sold out in the US. I found it on the Japan site, but customer service says they can’t let me order it from there and ship it to the US. I’m hoping they release a black/brass version as I prefer gold hardware.

I have it & freaking love it. My SA texted me as soon as it came in as she knew it was right up my alley. Here's a pic with it dressed up.
20231126_091304.jpg