Rogue Club

Okay, I’ve waited a long time to post this because I really wanted to fully form my opinion. So I have a plain black Rogue 25 with the black copper hardware. Got it at a deep discount through a department store last year before Coach announced the discontinuation of the Rogue. I thought it was the perfect black day bag and the perfect size for me. I thought I loved it.
After using the bag....I have very different opinions. In fact, I can’t understand the obsession with this bag at all. After 3 weeks the hang tag broke and was lost. It would never even stay on the outside of the bag because of its placement; it fell in. In fact I found the broken chain on the inside. The top handles on the bag do not fit well tucked into the bag when the shoulder straps are worn. They bulge at the side pockets, warping the the pocket leather. They also look awful tucked it. They don’t stay up when wearing the bag on the shoulder. The shoulder straps fall off my shoulder and never stay put. I would remove the top handles (if I could) but it would then ruin the look of the bag entirely. Really, this bag isn’t actually that functional and since the handles flop everywhere, it isn’t that pretty either. I actually have no idea why everyone raves about this bag. I am soooooooooo glad i only own one. The dreamer is 100% more functional than this bag and prettier (if not as classic). I will use this through the season but likely it will not stay in my permanent collection. It looks pretty on a shelf but I actually use my things....hard. On purpose. Otherwise I have no need of them. I will keep looking for a better black staple bag.
I'm sorry you feel that way about the Rogue. I have several (9) and I love each and every one. I have 4 36 (3 vertical and 1 horizontal) which i like best for work. my regular size ones are more for the weekend. I find that even though I have issues with the handles initially, after they wear in a bit and the bag begins to sag, the handles do their own thing and I love it. I normally carry crook of arm or hand carry though so it's usually not an issue. I had a couple of dreamers and got rid of the 36 I had it was too big and boxy I only have the orginal size now. Glad you didn't pay full price for a bag you don't like. At least there's that. :smile:

I'm sorry you feel that way about the Rogue. I have several (9) and I love each and every one. I have 4 36 (3 vertical and 1 horizontal) which i like best for work. my regular size ones are more for the weekend. I find that even though I have issues with the handles initially, after they wear in a bit and the bag begins to sag, the handles do their own thing and I love it. I normally carry crook of arm or hand carry though so it's usually not an issue. I had a couple of dreamers and got rid of the 36 I had it was too big and boxy I only have the orginal size now. Glad you didn't pay full price for a bag you don't like. At least there's that. :smile:
That's the main complaint I have about the Rogue, the sagging. I'm sorry, but when the handles end up curling the edges of the leather outward and downward, that looks really bad to me. I know some like this look, I'm just not one of them. I'll have to stick with the Rogue shoulder bag with no handles, problem solved.

That's the main complaint I have about the Rogue, the sagging. I'm sorry, but when the handles end up curling the edges of the leather outward and downward, that looks really bad to me. I know some like this look, I'm just not one of them. I'll have to stick with the Rogue shoulder bag with no handles, problem solved.
Yes no handles. I tuck my handles in and would also prefer no handles at all, but keep the option of removable shoulder straps. I use those as a top handle on dinky and duffles and like to add a novelty strap to the 25's.

Okay, I’ve waited a long time to post this because I really wanted to fully form my opinion. So I have a plain black Rogue 25 with the black copper hardware. Got it at a deep discount through a department store last year before Coach announced the discontinuation of the Rogue. I thought it was the perfect black day bag and the perfect size for me. I thought I loved it.
After using the bag....I have very different opinions. In fact, I can’t understand the obsession with this bag at all. After 3 weeks the hang tag broke and was lost. It would never even stay on the outside of the bag because of its placement; it fell in. In fact I found the broken chain on the inside. The top handles on the bag do not fit well tucked into the bag when the shoulder straps are worn. They bulge at the side pockets, warping the the pocket leather. They also look awful tucked it. They don’t stay up when wearing the bag on the shoulder. The shoulder straps fall off my shoulder and never stay put. I would remove the top handles (if I could) but it would then ruin the look of the bag entirely. Really, this bag isn’t actually that functional and since the handles flop everywhere, it isn’t that pretty either. I actually have no idea why everyone raves about this bag. I am soooooooooo glad i only own one. The dreamer is 100% more functional than this bag and prettier (if not as classic). I will use this through the season but likely it will not stay in my permanent collection. It looks pretty on a shelf but I actually use my things....hard. On purpose. Otherwise I have no need of them. I will keep looking for a better black staple bag.
This is why I only own one in the 25 size. I prefer the regular sized Rogue, not just because of the size and my items fit better, but also because of how the handles are awkward when not in use. I have the dark turquoise w/ rivets, which is I believe 2nd gen Rogue, so the leather is thicker and doesn't show the handles when tucked into the suede pockets. I was this >< close to getting another Rogue before they were discontinued but stopped myself because of the lesser quality on the last batch. I am sorry this was your first and only experience with the bag, because it truly is one of my favorites, just the bigger version.

Just got this beauty and would like some input from any one that owns this bag or the sequins 25. Do you feel that you have to be careful with it because of the sequins? Have you had any sequins gone missing? I’d like to use this as an everyday bag but I don’t want to have to be worrying about the sequins falling off.

Attachments

• B0811ABD-7523-4937-AE30-43738878F2E7.jpeg
    B0811ABD-7523-4937-AE30-43738878F2E7.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 495
Just got this beauty and would like some input from any one that owns this bag or the sequins 25. Do you feel that you have to be careful with it because of the sequins? Have you had any sequins gone missing? I’d like to use this as an everyday bag but I don’t want to have to be worrying about the sequins falling off.
I don't have this absolutely gorgeous bag but I have the Keith Haring coin purse with the sequins that I've had over a year. So far it's been totally fine, I was worried about the edge sequins and the ones that sit on the top but so far it's fine. I do make sure it's against the smooth side of my purse so my keys or something don't snag them.

I don't have this absolutely gorgeous bag but I have the Keith Haring coin purse with the sequins that I've had over a year. So far it's been totally fine, I was worried about the edge sequins and the ones that sit on the top but so far it's fine. I do make sure it's against the smooth side of my purse so my keys or something don't snag them.
Thank you!

A3E5634C-7F3B-4AA9-85F7-B22F7820B589.jpeg I have had a love hate (rather a dislike) relationship with the Rogue ever since they came out. I have tried the bags several times (both the 25 and 31) and have returned or sold every one. The 31 is simply too heavy and floppy (for me). And, both size bags seem “busy” with the 4 lobster clasps attaching the short shoulder straps to the bag and, of course, the unusual inward folding top handles. However, I keep coming back to the bag as the 1941 quality is amazing and the 25 is the perfect size (for me). I tried the Dreamer, but I don’t like the partial chain and flat top handles. And, it just isn’t quite the 1941 quality. So, with the newfound discovery of Coach found orders and outlet pricing, I have again purchased the Rogue 25 in classic black and I have to say it really is a great bag. I added a bandeau and I think the bag looks gorgeous! I mostly carry by the top handles so I have learned to appreciate both the short shoulder straps for the occasional hands free use and the solid rolled top handles for daily hand or crook of the arm carry. When comparing to other similar size bags (i.e. the LV Speedy 25), it really is a functional and quality bag (the 1941 leather is beyond compare) and a great value especially at the current price point that you can now find these bags at. In love again! ♥️❤️

I have a chalk rogue and I find it wears pretty well too!

I have a chalk Chelsea, a crossbody bag in a similar pebbled leather. I’ve used it many many times and now that I’ve had it a few years I don’t really baby it and it still looks great. I’ve worn it with denim A LOT and it only has a small amount of color transfer on one corner. Actually, the one part that is getting a bit dirty is the lining on the inside under the zipper. Probably where my fingers touch when opening the inside of the bag. But the chalk leather doesn’t really seem to attract dirt. Go figure!
have you posted your updates collection recently?.I love.your.taste in bags that chelsea.is.one of my favs ever esp.with your.got charms

I was looking around the net at pics of the haircalf rogues and found this. Was this ever actually released? I've never seen one.

https://www.purseblog.com/coach/coach-pre-fall-2016-bags/

Coach-Pre-Fall-2016-Bags-2.jpg