Rogue Club

hi there! I’m a buckeye too I’m trying to decide between the rogue satchel and the 36 satchel. Any of you who have the snakeskin handles, how are they holding up, do you carry the bag much? Any thoughts and insights are appreciated!!!
I have a few bags with the snakeskin handles and honestly, haven't carried them. Not sure why. I guess I have this thing where my prettiest, perceived delicate items or expensive items are more looked at than used. I should use them. Now that I think about it, I have used the rogue satchel in denim blue which has snake on the handle but it is patchworked with snake. That was fine. I found my full python handles see some lifting in the scales if not conditioned. I bought Saphir Reptan Creme and it is amazing on the handles! Makes them lie down again and protect them. I'm not good at finding old posts but I posted photos of before and after in a few threads. I think there is a thread about caring for exotic bags and know I put it there.

I see I still have the photos so here they are. The first and last photo are before the treatment. The two middle photos are after - sorry for the order of them. You just rub the creme on and wait a few minutes and buff off. Easy peasy! I don't think Coach would use it the python if they expected there to be major issues with them. As anything, you have to care for them.
Handle before Saphir.JPG Saphir Reptan Creme.png Snake Handle after Saphir 1.JPG Snake Handle after Saphir 2.JPG Snake Handle before Saphir 2.JPG

I have a few bags with the snakeskin handles and honestly, haven't carried them. Not sure why. I guess I have this thing where my prettiest, perceived delicate items or expensive items are more looked at than used. I should use them. Now that I think about it, I have used the rogue satchel in denim blue which has snake on the handle but it is patchworked with snake. That was fine. I found my full python handles see some lifting in the scales if not conditioned. I bought Saphir Reptan Creme and it is amazing on the handles! Makes them lie down again and protect them. I'm not good at finding old posts but I posted photos of before and after in a few threads. I think there is a thread about caring for exotic bags and know I put it there.

I see I still have the photos so here they are. The first and last photo are before the treatment. The two middle photos are after - sorry for the order of them. You just rub the creme on and wait a few minutes and buff off. Easy peasy! I don't think Coach would use it the python if they expected there to be major issues with them. As anything, you have to care for them.
View attachment 4200404 View attachment 4200406 View attachment 4200407 View attachment 4200408 View attachment 4200409
Thank you Bagmedic! I found a 36 satchel with snakeskin handles and I’m really thinking about it, but I don’t want to have to baby the bag.
Do you have both sizes of the rogue satchel? Do you think the 36 is too big? I don’t want to bother my SA to bring hers into the store, and I can’t see the two of them sise by side. I’ve looked up the measurements but it’s not the same.

Sadly I haven't used my 36's yet. Too many bags to choose from and lately I work at home so if I run out, I take a small bag or clutch. I know SEWDimples has a 36 she may comment on usage. It all depends what you carry. Everyone is different. I find the regular rogue just about right but it could be slightly bigger IMO.

Reactions: KFM21957
Sadly I haven't used my 36's yet. Too many bags to choose from and lately I work at home so if I run out, I take a small bag or clutch. I know SEWDimples has a 36 she may comment on usage. It all depends what you carry. Everyone is different. I find the regular rogue just about right but it could be slightly bigger IMO.
Do you like the satchel as much s the original?

Do you like the satchel as much s the original?
I actually like my satchels more than the orig rogue. I think because the longer strap on the satchel makes it easier when I have to sling it over my shoulder. I find the shoulder straps on the regular rogue a tiny bit too short especially when wearing a coat. The satchel is slightly bigger IMO. Both are exceptional bags. The satchels aren't sold at retail any longer so you'd have to find it on the resale market or possibly some may still show up at the outlet. JAX may have them but they probably would charge the retail price and not the discounted prices when they've shown up at the outlet. Why they don't sell it at the most recent lowest price, I don't know. I've found JAX to have a bag I want I saw at outlet and when I call, they tell me it is full price! Just makes me drive the hour to my outlet to have them order it for me! Coach likes to make your work for your bags!

I actually like my satchels more than the orig rogue. I think because the longer strap on the satchel makes it easier when I have to sling it over my shoulder. I find the shoulder straps on the regular rogue a tiny bit too short especially when wearing a coat. The satchel is slightly bigger IMO. Both are exceptional bags. The satchels aren't sold at retail any longer so you'd have to find it on the resale market or possibly some may still show up at the outlet. JAX may have them but they probably would charge the retail price and not the discounted prices when they've shown up at the outlet. Why they don't sell it at the most recent lowest price, I don't know. I've found JAX to have a bag I want I saw at outlet and when I call, they tell me it is full price! Just makes me drive the hour to my outlet to have them order it for me! Coach likes to make your work for your bags!
Thank you for your insight Bagmedic! This is my next bag! I really like the black with whip stitch handles. The inside looks more spacious than the original rogue.

I FINALLY got around to posting a Rogue family photo. My regular sized in 1941 Red, Steel Blue, and Oxblood w/ rivets, my 25 in Dark Turquoise w/ rivets, and my satchel in Chalk:
View attachment 4201378
No judgement on my lack of a duvet cover, it's laundry day! :P
That's OK! I keep wanting a new duvet cover but can't find what I want so I let it go "naked"....and then wind up spending my money on a coach bag!

I FINALLY got around to posting a Rogue family photo. My regular sized in 1941 Red, Steel Blue, and Oxblood w/ rivets, my 25 in Dark Turquoise w/ rivets, and my satchel in Chalk:
View attachment 4201378
No judgement on my lack of a duvet cover, it's laundry day! :P
Great family! You have a wonderful variety of colors and sizes. [emoji7]Congrats!

Reactions: CoachMaven
I actually found one at IKEA that I really liked! It's a white textured, almost large waffle or smaller paint box style pattern. It's really pretty and is durable.
I've been in to linen lately and LOVE linen sheets. I find them warm in the winter. I bought some that were not cheap and they wore threadbare in spots so now I want to cut that section out and sew them together to get more use out of them. Just haven't had time but need to think about it or buying new ones since winter is coming! I want a linen duvet cover, too, but there is always something else at Coach to buy! Priorities, right???

Reactions: CoachMaven
I've been in to linen lately and LOVE linen sheets. I find them warm in the winter. I bought some that were not cheap and they wore threadbare in spots so now I want to cut that section out and sew them together to get more use out of them. Just haven't had time but need to think about it or buying new ones since winter is coming! I want a linen duvet cover, too, but there is always something else at Coach to buy! Priorities, right???
I live in the devil's basement, so I prefer good ol' regular cotton sheets. Jersey knit, flannel, linen, and the like would have me sweating like a woman going through the change! (Or like when I was pregnant and nursing) I have SO many items book marked online for my home, I think based on all I've acquired this past year in handbags, I am going to truly halt it and focus on saving and getting some of my wishlist items I've had for the house for some time.