Rodeo Charm Discussion Thread: Love/Hate/Crazy Reseller Prices etc.

I'm not so offended by the rodeo charm as some others may be. Anything to do with horses, buttery leather, and Hermes is quite okay with me. :P

I just ordered the feu orange one, and am thinking about hanging it on my etoupe B. I'm not usually one for frilly things (don't really even use my twillies in practicality), but I think it might be cute for summer. Maybe even for a barbecue!

Reactions: Pink Sunshine
I don't want to bash anyone who likes these. I've purchased plenty of things that most people would consider ridiculous, but I loved them and couldn't live without them.

In this instance, it's just not something I want. It's definitely nothing personal toward those who are enamored of them. For those who are, please don't hesitate to post photos and show how you enjoy them. :peace:

This thread is for input from both sides of the aisle! :drinkup:

pursecrzy - Thank you for starting this. Great idea!! It's fun to hear different people's opinions!!

And thank you TankerToad for the idea!! :tup::tup:

Last edited:
Love perlerare's Kelly watch idea. THAT I'd emulate.

As for the rodeo charm, I think they are extra cute and well-made; and adds an interesting child-like whimsy to a bag but it is just not for me and my bags. I'm not the cutesy girly girl type.

i don't want to bash anyone who likes these. i've purchased plenty of things that most people would consider worthless, but i loved them and couldn't live without them.

In this instance, it's just not something i want. It's definitely nothing personal toward those who are enamored of them. For those who are, please don't hesitate to post photos and show how you enjoy them. :peace:

This thread is for input from both sides of the aisle! :drinkup:

I have done the same. And ITA with the request for photos! :flowers:

Last edited:
I just picked up the orange pm rodeo charm yesterday at my local boutique and I love it! Here's a picture of it on my B

1371313281390.jpg

My city has a stampede ever year so I can totally use it during the event and the whole summer.
But I gotta be careful not to let my two boys see it or they will take it and run!

I usually don't go for these type of things, but I do like the PM size rodeo charm. I think the others are too big.
I think it depends on the bag and occasion. I'm a kelly sellier girl and I would NEVER put any charm on a kelly, but the PM Rodeo looks cute on the Evelyne and Garden Party - it's a very casual look. I don't see them for everyday, but fun for a Derby party, polo match, or cookout.
I think of these like the Petit H line - something charming and fun.

Reactions: Pink Sunshine
I just picked up the orange pm rodeo charm yesterday at my local boutique and I love it! Here's a picture of it on my B

View attachment 2221253

My city has a stampede ever year so I can totally use it during the event and the whole summer.
But I gotta be careful not to let my two boys see it or they will take it and run!

It's perfect for the stampede!
What colour is your Birkin? Souffre?

Fun thread! Love to look at the pictures and read everyone's view about these.
Personally, I am not into these charms at all, I really can't see myself hanging this on my bags.
Funny thing is, I would hang pompoms, small leather charms or even a pochette scarf on my bags :P. But the Rodeo charm....I don't know...I think it's cute but I am just not into it. I would like a horsehair charm, but a whole horse - no, thank you.

No offense to everyone who loves this charm - at the end it would be a boring world if we all had the same taste ;). And please, keep the pictures coming. While these charms are not for me, I will definitely enjoy the pics and reading the excitement of others who do love this charm.

I am wondering if everyone use it as a bag charm or that some actually use it to decorate something, like a baby's room?
Also, I wonder if someone used their Rodeo as a charm on the Picotin? While I still wouldn't wear it myself, I think the Rodeo on a Picotin could look lovely :smile:.