Rodeo bag

bagnut1

Perfect is the enemy of awesome
O.G.
May 23, 2009
I just discovered this and based on the "sold out" status on b.com I'm guessing it hasn't actually launched yet (also it's not in stock in NYC).

Does anyone have any hands-on intel on this bag? It looks super yummy.

I just received mine on Saturday. I’m in Las Vegas and I ordered it a month ago. I had to pre-pay. It’s great leather and I bought a charm as well. There is a waiting list here in Vegas.
Congrats on the Rodeo! If you are feeling up to it would love to see you post it on the new acquisitions thread. Pretty sure you would be the very first to post this type of bag here!

Reactions: bagnut1
I just received mine on Saturday. I’m in Las Vegas and I ordered it a month ago. I had to pre-pay. It’s great leather and I bought a charm as well. There is a waiting list here in Vegas.
Agreed - congrats and please do post photos if you have time. Which size etc. did you get?

Purchased the medium grey from the Madison Ave location! Did not prepay for mine, received a text from SA earlier in the week they were expecting a shipment (two medium grey, one small black), bags were first come.

I tried on and was hoping the small would work, but the Medium is definitely the size for me. Still undecided, though. (Not sure it will fill the function I had in mind.)

It seems very well made and if one has decided to purchase not terribly discouraging (they told me 1 week delivery with deposit).

I’m surprised no one is talking about how the Rodeo is basically the Olsen’s beaten up Kelly. Am I the only one that sees this? The slouch, the gaping, the warped flap, the gold closure…

The funny thing is, even as a riff on the notorious Kelly, I’m totally drawn to the Rodeo. The leather looks so drool-worthy smushy and it is actually a very functional design!

IMG_0244.jpegIMG_0245.jpeg

I’m surprised no one is talking about how the Rodeo is basically the Olsen’s beaten up Kelly. Am I the only one that sees this? The slouch, the gaping, the warped flap, the gold closure…

The funny thing is, even as a riff on the notorious Kelly, I’m totally drawn to the Rodeo. The leather looks so drool-worthy smushy and it is actually a very functional design!

View attachment 5999070View attachment 5999071
Yeah I noticed this inspiration, too! It is a bit like a hybrid between a used Kelly and a Fendi Peekaboo, because the front drops down and the bag has a turnlock. The leather is very, very nice.

I wish I got it when it first came out and was available. They increased the price of the large size by almost $1000 in Canada!

Yeah I noticed this inspiration, too! It is a bit like a hybrid between a used Kelly and a Fendi Peekaboo, because the front drops down and the bag has a turnlock. The leather is very, very nice.

I wish I got it when it first came out and was available. They increased the price of the large size by almost $1000 in Canada!
Their prices have really gone up.:annoyed:

Oh yes, now I see the Peekaboo reference too.

Geez, what hasn’t gone up these days? I guess it’s still cheaper than the bags it’s inspired by, tho…

Reactions: averagejoe
I decided to buy the bag. It’s my first Balenciaga and the experience was delightful. My SA was above and beyond, and the boutique service was relaxed and luxurious.

The bag is amazing and exactly what I thought it would be when I first saw the photos. For anyone who’s interested in comparing it to a K35 here are photos. (I’ve been dithering about rehoming my last remaining K but this has cinched it.) My take on the Rodeo Medium vs. Kelly 35:
  • The Rodeo is more modern and under the radar
  • I love the slouchier form (the hard edges of the K bottom and its greater depth than I really need have been bothering me for a while, though to be fair that might be less annoying on a smaller K)
  • Unlike the K, the handle can go over the shoulder too but isn’t so long that it bangs around when carried by hand.
  • The loops for the additional strap move and the strap loops are much wider apart, so along with the softer design the bag feels much more natural when carried crossbody.
  • It’s also lighter than the K - just a tad over 2 lbs. vs 2.6 for the Togo K.
  • DH (who has become a bag expert by osmosis over the years) commented that he likes it a lot better - “less in-your-face and more stealth”
The leather is amazingly soft and smooshy and I assume will get more so over time. (Reminds me of Swift in hand.) I don’t baby my bags but do take care of them so I expect it to wear similarly to my bags by Gucci or Ferragamo, which have held up wonderfully.

All in all I think it’s a very well-designed and carefully made bag. It’s going to get a workout after the holiday!

IMG_2030.jpegIMG_2031.jpegIMG_2032.jpeg