RM Overpriced on Ebay?

I think most were being priced higher because of the live discount but by now most of us have used it up and the prices are still high:sad:. Eventually they will go back down to under or at retail when they stop moving. Didn't a Nikki sell for over 800 a month ago? It's just crazy:wtf:. I know the "collector" bags like Mattie's, Wine and BW will still go high but the others ?

Last edited:
I actually don't think that the prices are that high. For a barely used bag that might be a hard to find color, I do think that it should go for close to retail. For an extremely hard to find/rare bag, I would expect for the bag to go for more than retail. There really aren't a lot of HTF bags on ebay right now, and when they are available, they get snatched up within minutes because of the current RM mania that has swept the nation, lol.

RM bags have never gone for cheap on ebay - there would be the occasional steal, but for the most part, MABs and minis would sell for $400 and Nikkis would regularly fetch $500. I just went and looked and didn't see any bags priced above retail, and the ones priced close to retail, for the most part, are brand new.

I think people have been spoiled by the live discount and are hoping for the discount to come back up - hence noone is buying. I am seeing some current season bags for great prices - which a few months ago would have been snatched up the minute they appeared.

eBay will always be a place for rare colors, but I think things are a little stagnant there now, not just because live.com is down, but also because so many etailers have RM instock right now!

Back in June and July, I couldn't find a Nikki anywhere, in any color, let alone the yellow I wanted! But right now all the new fall bags are coming out, and most colors are abundantly available, so us shoppers have many options to consider when making our purchase.

eBay will always be a place for rare colors, but I think things are a little stagnant there now, not just because live.com is down, but also because so many etailers have RM instock right now!

Back in June and July, I couldn't find a Nikki anywhere, in any color, let alone the yellow I wanted! But right now all the new fall bags are coming out, and most colors are abundantly available, so us shoppers have many options to consider when making our purchase.

Ditto on this one, too. I've noticed the same thing. I think that prices will level a bit in a matter of weeks if the live cashback doesn't come back. I've seen a few highly coveted bags sit on ebay for way longer than one would expect. I know some are snatched the minute they pop up on ebay, but others are staying there surprisingly longer. I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I figure if I see a bag I want and I know that it's a hard to find bag then I'm snatching it up regardless of live.com. (like the yummy saddle mab I just grabbed! :yahoo:) I suppose if any of us feels the price is high, we don't have to buy and sellers will lower their prices once they know we won't pay. I agree that prices don't seem so bad plus I'm glad to see over 80 items on ebay now! It's a hot brand right now!

What really burns my a$$ is when people who sell on Ebay purchase bags at sales and buy the bag heavily discounted....say for a good couple hundred less (if not more) and then turn around and jack up the price to retail or slightly below (or above) hoping to make a good buck.

The real slap in the head is when the sellers on Ebay are TPF members because they KNOW how much a certain bag is in demand and what members are looking for. I refuse to buy when I see that happen...just on principle alone. That and I don't like when my intelligence is insulted. Besides, it's taking advantage of people, but the bottom line is, no one is forced to buy.

A lot of times I feel like if they are only knocking off a small amount, say $50, then I would rather pay the full amount to LB or FLL or whoever and have the option of returning the item if I change my mind or don't like it IRL.