Workplace RIP Hope

Jun 8, 2006
I am devastated. I didn't get the job. They didn't send the official rejection, but to sort of prepare myself, I did contact the person I currently do contract work for. She no one had contacted her, she would tell me if they did. I saw that they had pulled the listing. It absolutely crushed me. I put out hundreds of resumes and after two and a half years, very little to show for my efforts. It wouldn't have been so bad, but now things are really dire and I didn't need this. What I hate is the "this is entry level." I don't care. If I take the time to apply and interview and are willing to take the salary, what do you think?

I will say that everything transpired against me that day. It was one of those days when everything goes wrong, no matter how well you prepare. Even gold medal Olympians don't get the gold.

I am just so lost. I am going to be homeless and I don't want to live. Because it is really so serious now. This is not a drama queen thing, it's real life..

Thanks for reading.

are you alright?
first of all, your landlord cannot just kick you out..keep a deep breath.
try to apply for other jobs, contact your school and teachers and see if they have anything. there's always a way. if money is a problem, do you have a church close by and you should talk to them if they can help....
i hope you're holding up okay...

This is not the end of the road. Just because the listing was pulled doesn't mean that you have been rejected.

Call the place yourself and ask - right now you are just assuming.

If they did choose another candidate then you need to turn this energy around and use it to apply for other jobs.

I'm in a similar situation as you, I'm graduated in august 2012 and till now I still can't get a job. I'm currently working as a waitress, but I'm starting to get sooo sick of this job! I wish I could quit and have a job where I can develope myself.

In the past 2 months I had 5 interviews, 4 of them rejected me. 1 would let me know at this tuesday. To be honest I have no hope now for this interview. So I can completely relate on you OP title ''RIP Hope'', because that's what I'm feeling right now. I feel like I have failed in live and starting to wonder when this will be over and if I'm ever going to find a job.

I don't have any advice for you, I just want to say, you are not alone.