RIP HM The Queen - Elizabeth II 1926-2022

The cancer rumours are resurfacing with the publication of a new book - given her majesty would never have wanted that revealed if even true I hope the media leave the story and focus instead on her amazing service - a sad note she is alleged to have told a lady in waiting she wanted to do as much work as she could as it took her mind off losing her beloved Phillip

I'm interested in reading the upcoming book of Lady Pamela Hicks. She was not just some random biographer, but The Queen's friend.
She was more than that, Lady in Waiting to The Queen, first cousin to Prince Philip and daughter of Lord Mountbatten. Also, she's the oldest living descendant of Queen Victoria.
I trust her opinion, I'd like to read this book.

Last edited:
She was more than that, Lady in Waiting to The Queen, first cousin to Prince Philip and daughter of Lord Mountbatten. Also, she's the oldest living descendant of Queen Victoria.
I trust her opinion, I'd like to read this book.

And she'll live through her THIRD coronation if everything goes smoothly.

I'm interested in reading the upcoming book of Lady Pamela Hicks. She was not just some random biographer, but The Queen's friend.
Yes, I want to read it aswell. I think it's coming out sometime next year. Besides being a friend of The Queen she was also a lady in waiting for a long time. Pamela was the daughter of Lord Louis Mountbatten.

I love the story told by India Hicks (Pamela's daughter) about the time The Queen went to stay with them when they had a pet mongoose.
1669719878852.png

Last edited: