Travel RIMOWA, Anyone?

Does anyone know if Rimowa are discontinuing the essential trunk size? I know that they have stopped making the trunk size in white which is my preferred colour so if they are going to stop making the trunk size then I may have to get the green colour instead?

Does anyone have pictures of the wear and tear on matte polycarbonate? Especially the black?

I bought the hybrid online and overall I like it but after seeing it in person I am a little concerned it’s not going to “patina” in the nice way the aluminum does and will just end up looking janky. I didn’t buy the aluminum due to weight concerns but since the hybrid is much lighter than I expected I am debating trying the aluminum. PFA of the hybrid. 1695086969923.png

Does anyone have pictures of the wear and tear on matte polycarbonate? Especially the black?

I bought the hybrid online and overall I like it but after seeing it in person I am a little concerned it’s not going to “patina” in the nice way the aluminum does and will just end up looking janky. I didn’t buy the aluminum due to weight concerns but since the hybrid is much lighter than I expected I am debating trying the aluminum. PFA of the hybrid. View attachment 5860708
My first set was the hybrid but in the shiny one that they don't carry anymore (maybe just in white?) and it was cracked by Delta. I am still fuming about it because I bought it in 2016 when it was around 800 Euros. Delta paid me back $200 for a severely cracked bag - this for a Gold Medallion member. Back when I bought the bag, Rimowa did not have the lifetime warranty that it does now so will be eating the cost of that bag.

My new set is the aluminum - go with the aluminum if you can. The hybrid will tend to crack around the stainless steel edges. The weight difference is negligible.

Calling all Parisians - is there inventory in the Paris stores? A year ago, it was insane - had to get up to line up for when the stores open just to get a piece of luggage. Hoping this is not the case now. If someone has been recently, please share your experience as I will be heading there soon.

My first set was the hybrid but in the shiny one that they don't carry anymore (maybe just in white?) and it was cracked by Delta. I am still fuming about it because I bought it in 2016 when it was around 800 Euros. Delta paid me back $200 for a severely cracked bag - this for a Gold Medallion member. Back when I bought the bag, Rimowa did not have the lifetime warranty that it does now so will be eating the cost of that bag.

My new set is the aluminum - go with the aluminum if you can. The hybrid will tend to crack around the stainless steel edges. The weight difference is negligible.
I actually haven’t experienced that with the polycarbonate shell. Mine (my first luggage purchase) is going on almost a decade strong. I love it.

I love the look of the aluminum but the difference in weight (in my case it’s the air salsa) is about 6 lbs, which, is not much but it certainly is after I fill it with stuff.

That and I can’t do a push up :lol: . Rolling it is nbd. Having to lift it (I only use carry-ons) sucks though.

Reactions: MiaT
I actually haven’t experienced that with the polycarbonate shell. Mine (my first luggage purchase) is going on almost a decade strong. I love it.

I love the look of the aluminum but the difference in weight (in my case it’s the air salsa) is about 6 lbs, which, is not much but it certainly is after I fill it with stuff.

That and I can’t do a push up :lol: . Rolling it is nbd. Having to lift it (I only use carry-ons) sucks though.
I have 3 large and 2 cabin hybrids. Of the three large, one was cracked beyond repair but I typically load it up to max weight of 48-50 lbs. I rarely use the two cabin ones…they are so tiny! I don’t know why I bought them.

I’ve had them since 2016.

I am now slowly adding to my luggage by replacing with the aluminum ones and so far, I like their durability better. We travel a lot and the hybrids are looking very beat up. And sadly, they don’t look travel cool…just beat up. 😫

I have 3 large and 2 cabin hybrids. Of the three large, one was cracked beyond repair but I typically load it up to max weight of 48-50 lbs. I rarely use the two cabin ones…they are so tiny! I don’t know why I bought them.

I’ve had them since 2016.

I am now slowly adding to my luggage by replacing with the aluminum ones and so far, I like their durability better. We travel a lot and the hybrids are looking very beat up. And sadly, they don’t look travel cool…just beat up. 😫
XD I’m opposite.

This year, I took an overseas trip and managed to fit two weeks worth of clothes (five bottoms and eight light tops plus extra thin uv jacket), extra pair of shoes I never wore—onto one side of the cabin suitcase, and a bunch of souvenirs onto the other for family (which once I gave them, was empty room for me to buy snacks/souvenirs for myself and friends/family back home).

Hygiene and skincare, electronics etc goes in carryon that slides right in front of me so I have easy access when I’m on the plane.

• Wow
Reactions: MiaT and JulieKat
XD I’m opposite.

This year, I took an overseas trip and managed to fit two weeks worth of clothes (five bottoms and eight light tops plus extra thin uv jacket), extra pair of shoes I never wore—onto one side of the cabin suitcase, and a bunch of souvenirs onto the other for family (which once I gave them, was empty room for me to buy snacks/souvenirs for myself and friends/family back home).

Hygiene and skincare, electronics etc goes in carryon that slides right in front of me so I have easy access when I’m on the plane.
This sounds like me too, I try to travel carry on only. I once went away for two weeks for an overseas wedding - including all the dress up clothes for the various events that went with it. But that time I had no room for carrying things home.

I try to pack one side for me, yes including toiletries and electronics, (okay maybe 1.25 sides!) - then the other side to bring gifts and such. I've even put my carry on personal bag into the suitcase while in the airport. Once seated, I can take that out and have it with me.

I don't want zippers on the suitcases, I prefer the latch style. But the aluminium cabin bags are heavy. I'm trying to find a happy medium - latch and less weight.

Reactions: Kevinaxx
Fendi × Rimowa:
f4c2e411-5191-432b-9bd2-ee5eb5ea9026.jpg

Moncler × Rimowa:
Monclear-x-Rimowa-Suitcases-3-770x1005.jpg

Dior × Rimowa:
98.jpg

Tiffany & Co. × Rimowa:
RIMOWAxTiffany_Cabin_PDP_B.png

Rimowa Cabin:
92553004_1.png

Rimowa Cabin:
92553014_1.png

Rimowa Cabin:
rimowa-scarlet-Original-Cabin-Suitcase.jpeg

I was looking up the new colours posted above - thank you Grand Style.

My local Rimowa doesn't have all, even on their website in my country. So I went searching and the rabbit hole of the internet came across this article. This young lady went on an eight day Safari with a Rimowa pilot case and a rather large stuffed backpack. I admit I am skeptical of eight days with such, she took a great deal of electronics and camera equipment. There is no detailed portion of exactly what clothing she packed in full. And the Pilot case is SMALL.

I thought I was a fairly light packer, if I know I won't be taking anything home such as shopping or not needing a change of shoes over a short casual weekend trip. Next time I'm in the Rimowa store, I want to look at this pilot case, wondering how much can it truly hold - as a carry on "suitcase" and not a briefcase of electronics bag.

Unless she packed ONLY the two outfits she is pictured in in the article, with one for the plane? :eek:

Rimowa-Pilot.pngRimowa-Pilot-2-1.png

I was looking up the new colours posted above - thank you Grand Style.

My local Rimowa doesn't have all, even on their website in my country. So I went searching and the rabbit hole of the internet came across this article. This young lady went on an eight day Safari with a Rimowa pilot case and a rather large stuffed backpack. I admit I am skeptical of eight days with such, she took a great deal of electronics and camera equipment. There is no detailed portion of exactly what clothing she packed in full. And the Pilot case is SMALL.

I thought I was a fairly light packer, if I know I won't be taking anything home such as shopping or not needing a change of shoes over a short casual weekend trip. Next time I'm in the Rimowa store, I want to look at this pilot case, wondering how much can it truly hold - as a carry on "suitcase" and not a briefcase of electronics bag.

Unless she packed ONLY the two outfits she is pictured in in the article, with one for the plane? :eek:

View attachment 5897856View attachment 5897858
You're welcome.

I believe the Red one is a special edition and the collabs may be special edition or limited edition.