Travel RIMOWA, Anyone?

There's a lot of nice luggage out there, Globe Trotter being another brand. I'm torn between brands so for now am keeping my under the radar no-name luggage until I decide to spring for an extra nice carry on.

Reactions: MiaT
Hi, does anyone know Rimowa SA in Singapore? I’m going to visit soon and I want to make sure they have the luggages that I want (essentials trunk).

Any help is appreciated.

Rimowa Neon in pink and lime:
Rimowa_PG_Split.jpg

Hello! Please tell me, maybe someone know, will the Birkin 30 fit into the Classic Aluminum Rimowa Cabin size?

Also, when aluminum is scratched, does it leave black marks if you rub it where it is scratched?

Last edited:
Reactions: uhpharm01
hey everyone :smile:

I just wanted to spread some information on the "lifetime warranty", since I saw it mentioned quite a few times in this thread:

I am a german flight attendant and just visited the Rimowa store today.
For me: I love love love Rimowa, but honestly only for looks, heritage and customer service

But: If the baggage handlers get your luggage destroyed, Rimowa's lifetime warranty does NOT cover that.
Because it happened due to the handling and is not a funtional defect in the suitcase

just wanted to let u know, since most of my coworkers - cabin crews & pilots DON'T buy Rimowa anymore for the hefty prices they have now.

hey everyone :smile:

I just wanted to spread some information on the "lifetime warranty", since I saw it mentioned quite a few times in this thread:

I am a german flight attendant and just visited the Rimowa store today.
For me: I love love love Rimowa, but honestly only for looks, heritage and customer service

But: If the baggage handlers get your luggage destroyed, Rimowa's lifetime warranty does NOT cover that.
Because it happened due to the handling and is not a funtional defect in the suitcase

just wanted to let u know, since most of my coworkers - cabin crews & pilots DON'T buy Rimowa anymore for the hefty prices they have now.

I never check in because of that. My friends will Saran Wrap (some of them xD)

I bought my Rimowa back in 2011 before the massive price increases. There is only one piece I check and then only when we are flying business class from Zurich to Singapore and back in Singapore Airlines. Otherwise, I use them exclusively for travel by train or in private cars.

Reactions: mochiblure
Hello! Please tell me, maybe someone know, will the Birkin 30 fit into the Classic Aluminum Rimowa Cabin size?

Also, when aluminum is scratched, does it leave black marks if you rub it where it is scratched?
Yes, the B30 does fit - in both horizontal and vertical directions, if that makes sense.
Only thing is that the depth of the bag is taller/higher than one side of the case so it'll sort of "stick out" into the other side. I usually loosen the flap/divider or remove it altogether (and just store it on the other side), and just pack creatively on the other side to accommodate.

Reactions: MiaT