Ricky Martin - gay - finally comes out!

It's too bad that this is such a big deal. Hopefully one day saying your gay is about as much shock as it is mentioning your straight.
Majority will always rule. So until the day "gay" is more common than "straight", it will always be something sort of unique and mentioned IMO. I am not surprised in any way, but just bothered that he kept a "front" for so long just to sell records to girls that thought he was hot.

I think the announcement is for people like me. I don't follow celebrity gossip that much, so once "living la vida loca" was off the charts, Ricky Martin became a pretty memory. I had no clue he was gay until I saw the news today.

Ditto. He had a song in the 90s and after that he just dropped off the radar for me. I follow & read celeb gossip, but hadn't heard anything about him in probably 10 years. My reaction to this story was kind of like, "Meh, okay."

The fact that he is gay is definitely not a surprise to me! I'm really happy for him that he went public with it. It's so sad that anyone has to be afraid to come out, or hesitant for whatever reason.

He's a good person and definitely hot.

It really should be non-news. And it is sad that people feel the need to officially come out, but I think like kittneslingerie said, it has to do with the fact that the majority are straight. So...

In any case, I'm just waiting for Anderson Cooper to officially come out. It won't make my crush on him die at all, because I think he's so smart and funny (and handsome).

I'm glad he finally came out. It must have been hard for him to "try" to keep it quite.
All long as he's happy that's all that matters. I don't see the big deal that the media and other are making of this.

The fellow that played Jack on Will and Grace came out last week too. No one made a big deal about him.