Revision Eyelid Surgery experience at Teuim

Hey there! Wow June's approaching, it's almost a month away! What kind of eyes are you planning to get- parallel/ tapered? I'm most probably getting the surgery in July at Teium too (getting full incision+ptosis+epi), but I feel like I need to do more research and the resources online are really limited. If only I knew Korean! How is your research going?

Hello, I'm also considering Teium to get revision done. No dates set yet coz kinda nervous and wanna research more.

I am so glad I found this post :smile: Never heard of Teium before now! Thinking of going to Korea in November for DES and possible canthoplasty :smile: Reviews would be VERY helpful!! Thanks!!!!

Teuim was actually quite "famous" on for while, if you want you can certainly search for reviews on this forum as there have been many. Though from what I can see from my research the reviews are mixed, overall more are positive but also many are not so positive.

I did partial + epi at teuim back in late June of this year. I'm planning on saving up so I can go back and get ptosis, as initially recommended by Dr. Kwon (I actually do have ptosis and I already knew that as a kid, but I was reluctant to get all three surgeries at once and I still regret doing that lol. More plane fees for me!) To be completely honest, I was dead set on Teuim until I read some of the more mixed reviews, which naturally gave me a bit of apprehension the closer I got to my surgery date, but the reviews were positive as a large whole, and to be honest, his very informative website and published papers specifically regarding epicanthoplasty won me over (I'm pretty much unsatisfied with 99% of other plastic surgery sites now lol the information they give is ridiculously vague.)

After all, unsatisfactory surgeries can happen with ANY doctor, depending on your personal situation, but you have to feel comfortable with their style and skill. Dr. Kwon...is not going to be suitable for anyone who wants larger doll-type eyes (think kpop idol–beautiful but usually obvious) because he doesn't like doing that–some people don't like that about him and I totally get that, but I was terrified of a doctor doing that to me because the distance between my eyebrows and my lid is like half an inch lol. To find a doctor who liked more natural looking eyes, specialized in a new form of epi that would leave minimal scarring, and was well versed in revision was very comforting. (I didn't do revision obviously, but sometimes doctors who can do revision are probably also good at primary.)

At the time, and even now, I would only trust Dr. Kwon with my eyes. Perhaps this is because I've only ever had him do my eyes and I'm beyond satisfied with it, because I only have my experiences. Idk if I should post a full review (let me know?) but I did take progress pics!