Reverse, monogram or empreinte

Buying directly from LV is the only route for me.

Sorry for your disappointment, hope you get your money back soon!
Same applies to me. Too many super-fakes out there. I’d rather not buy that bag style if I cannot obtain it new from the boutique, but OP mentioned that there was no way for her to get it from a boutique, so unfortunately she went through the reseller route....

Reactions: emms2381
That was my issue ordinarily I’d buy boutique or LV.com but since this bag is soooo hard to get hold of I thought I’d take the chance - imo if you use a 3rd party authentication service you shouldn’t have any problem but perhaps in hindsight I should of done this before I bought it

I have the reverse metis but I actually do think it is quite ugly. Please don’t get me wrong - I LVOE the bag but I don’t like the reverse canvas.

I bought it because I wanted a really carefree bag (two small kids) and it didn’t have any untreated vachetta. I also like that it feels very casual, which suits me fine.

Actually I saw a woman in the mall wearing it and when I passed her I directly texted my SA to order it (this was 1.5 year ago and the week after that they cancelled all reservations for super popular bags).

I have never regretted my purchase and I am looking into buying one empreinte metis in black or other seasonal colour.

But the reverse is definitely my first pick.

(Since I don’t like reverse so much I have bought the metis mono strap and it looks even better with it!)

Reactions: McCobie_018
When can you get a refund do you know? Why did you get authentication after purchase? Is it because you visually noticed something?

I really feel bad for you. There are just too many super fakes out there.

When can you get a refund do you know? Why did you get authentication after purchase? Is it because you visually noticed something?

I really feel bad for you. There are just too many super fakes out there.

Yes I noticed it was off it was wrapped up as a Xmas present for so long then I just pulled it out and noticed.

Don’t know how long it’ll take to get a refund [emoji25]

Empreinte!!! I would not do this purse in canvas, there are too many problems surrounding glazing.
If you followed other more recent threads or posts, many have reported that the newer versions of the canvas ones don’t have the issues anymore. Only certain years are effected and LV recalled those ones for a store credit or refund.

I love my Empreinte PM in marine rouge.
d71af32826dd6571c340fe5db02b7f4a.jpg

Just a quick update - today I have found out my reverse PM is a fake ........ I trusted my judgment and went ahead and bought preloved but to my horror it is a fake , heads up to anyone who is considering a newer PM Metis if you buy preloved get it authenticated [emoji25]

Oh no I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope you get a refund quickly and are able also to find an authentic one too.

If you followed other more recent threads or posts, many have reported that the newer versions of the canvas ones don’t have the issues anymore. Only certain years are effected and LV recalled those ones for a store credit or refund.
Way to assume and speculate! But while we’re imparting knowledge, please know that there’s no such thing as an LV bag “recall”.
Also I’ve seen some claim that there aren’t any issues with their new PM’s, however, from my personal experience, I know that the glazing issue varies based on how long you’ve owned the bag and how often you actually use it. I had this bag before and IMO the issue is a flaw based on the bags design. I do not think it can be fixed but that it is inevitable to occur it’s just a matter of when.

I have just read this thread from start to the recent post. I was excited for you and rooting for the reverse. The PM is not my style but I do have the reverse in the psm and love it! I first did not like the new color when I saw it online when it was released. However seeing it in person changed my mind. The empreinte selections are great too. I noticed that value wise, LV leather does not hold its value as well on most items compared to canvas. Then I saw your reveal and thought that looks fake. I hope I'm not right. Read further and it is..I'm sorry this happened to you. Definitely going pre-loved is a risky thing as there are a lot of deceptive people out there. Get it authenticated first if you can before you buy especially for something that is in high demand. The more popular the item is, the higher the rate of it being replicated imo. I hope you get your money back soon so you can get a genuine one. Also whatever platform you bought this from...the seller should be banned if they claimed in their description as being authentic. It is already bad enough to sell a fake one but to claim it is real makes me see red. Keep us posted.