Reveal- Proudly introducing my First Bal Bag !

Nov 15, 2012
My new-to-me-today, Fall 2006 First bag in black. I think she's cute, I would probably describe her as a dark charcoal grey and not totally dark black, but I love that, I'm more than happy with her looks !

My first Bal....and possibly not my last ? ;)

I was a little concerned about the size, but she more than accommodates my essentials.
The only thing I am not overly keen on is the smell of 'someone else' , not overly unpleasant but I am researching how to possibly freshen her up without causing damage.

Thanks to all who have been on this journey with me, its been a roller coaster ! (special thanks to Conni for kindly authenticating for me)
Fiona
X

Attachments

• FIRST_edited-1.jpg
    FIRST_edited-1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 404
  • WHOLE BAG_edited-1.jpg
    WHOLE BAG_edited-1.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 408
Congratulations Fiona! I'm soooo very excited for you. The bag looks fantastic and I know you will truly :heart: it for a long time to come.
As for the smell, check out Lovin My Bags - they've got a product to help with that!

Congratulations Fiona! I'm soooo very excited for you. The bag looks fantastic and I know you will truly :heart: it for a long time to come.
As for the smell, check out Lovin My Bags - they've got a product to help with that!
Thanks so much sweetie, you have been with me on this Bal-a-coaster ;)
I adore her, and I feel I can start bonding now ~ !

xx

Ooooooooooooh I love! It has such a cool vintage rocker feel to it. Adore!

Here is a thread that might be helpful on removing existing scents
http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...to-get-rid-smoke-your-leather-bag-618492.html

And from one girl that loves a nice broken-in pre-loved handbag...... just a small warning, please be careful what products you use 'on' the bag itself to condition or protect from rain. With a pre-owned bag it is not always certain what products have been placed on previous to you and using another on top of that could have negative results. Best to do a test area first. :smile:

Enjoy your cool First! I love mine so much!

Sounds crazy but I'd put a nice smelling dryer sheet in the bottom of the bag for a few days. Better then taking a risk with other liquid products like your perfume or a spray scent.

Congrats. She's a cutie!

A blast of fresh air will help with any odours. I've put my bags in a pillow case before and hung them on the washing line for a few hours, weather permitting. As beauxgoris suggested above a tumble dryer sheet also helps.

Your bag looks lovely! There's nothing to compare with the feeling of having your first Bal. Enjoy!

Sounds crazy but I'd put a nice smelling dryer sheet in the bottom of the bag for a few days. Better then taking a risk with other liquid products like your perfume or a spray scent.

This is a very good idea ^

I haven't received any bags with a strong scent, but whatever scent they did have I didn't notice after a few days of use.

Anyway...CONGRATS!!! I know you will get tons of use out of your bag. Enjoy! & do put up some pics of her on when you have a chance. :smile:

And from one girl that loves a nice broken-in pre-loved handbag...... just a small warning, please be careful what products you use 'on' the bag itself to condition or protect from rain. With a pre-owned bag it is not always certain what products have been placed on previous to you and using another on top of that could have negative results. Best to do a test area first. :smile:

Good tip thank you. :smile:

Enjoy your cool First! I love mine so much![/QUOTE]