Reveal- Proudly introducing my First Bal Bag !

Nov 15, 2012
My new-to-me-today, Fall 2006 First bag in black. I think she's cute, I would probably describe her as a dark charcoal grey and not totally dark black, but I love that, I'm more than happy with her looks !

My first Bal....and possibly not my last ? ;)

I was a little concerned about the size, but she more than accommodates my essentials.
The only thing I am not overly keen on is the smell of 'someone else' , not overly unpleasant but I am researching how to possibly freshen her up without causing damage.

Thanks to all who have been on this journey with me, its been a roller coaster ! (special thanks to Conni for kindly authenticating for me)
Fiona
X

Attachments

lnw85

Mar 27, 2014
Michigan
Congratulations Fiona! I'm soooo very excited for you. The bag looks fantastic and I know you will truly :heart: it for a long time to come.
As for the smell, check out Lovin My Bags - they've got a product to help with that!

Maice

HIME
Mar 5, 2013
United States
Congrats - you finally got your bag after your long and arduous journey! She looks like she is in very good condition! Enjoy her in good health!

Nov 15, 2012
Congratulations Fiona! I'm soooo very excited for you. The bag looks fantastic and I know you will truly :heart: it for a long time to come.
As for the smell, check out Lovin My Bags - they've got a product to help with that!
Thanks so much sweetie, you have been with me on this Bal-a-coaster ;)
I adore her, and I feel I can start bonding now ~ !

xx

Nov 15, 2012
Congrats - you finally got your bag after your long and arduous journey! She looks like she is in very good condition! Enjoy her in good health!

Thank you Maice, she is in good shape, its a love thing :smile:))))
Thanks for all your help and support xxxxx

LoveHandbags!

~adore~
Dec 11, 2009
Ooooooooooooh I love! It has such a cool vintage rocker feel to it. Adore!

Here is a thread that might be helpful on removing existing scents
http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...to-get-rid-smoke-your-leather-bag-618492.html

And from one girl that loves a nice broken-in pre-loved handbag...... just a small warning, please be careful what products you use 'on' the bag itself to condition or protect from rain. With a pre-owned bag it is not always certain what products have been placed on previous to you and using another on top of that could have negative results. Best to do a test area first. :smile:

Enjoy your cool First! I love mine so much!

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Sounds crazy but I'd put a nice smelling dryer sheet in the bottom of the bag for a few days. Better then taking a risk with other liquid products like your perfume or a spray scent.

Congrats. She's a cutie!

Summer sunshine

Spent too much......
Jun 23, 2012
Oxford, England
A blast of fresh air will help with any odours. I've put my bags in a pillow case before and hung them on the washing line for a few hours, weather permitting. As beauxgoris suggested above a tumble dryer sheet also helps.

Your bag looks lovely! There's nothing to compare with the feeling of having your first Bal. Enjoy!

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
Sounds crazy but I'd put a nice smelling dryer sheet in the bottom of the bag for a few days. Better then taking a risk with other liquid products like your perfume or a spray scent.
This is a very good idea ^

I haven't received any bags with a strong scent, but whatever scent they did have I didn't notice after a few days of use.

Anyway...CONGRATS!!! I know you will get tons of use out of your bag. Enjoy! & do put up some pics of her on when you have a chance. :smile:

Livia1

O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
Europe
So glad everything worked out for you and your First is gorgeous.
I'm sure you'll love it.
Congrats and enjoy using it!

Rose_Violet

Jan 28, 2014
Paris
Congrats !! I read your story and you absolutely deserve such a nice bag
You will take very good care of her

Enjoy enjoy and maybe post some mod shots ? :smile:

Nov 15, 2012
And from one girl that loves a nice broken-in pre-loved handbag...... just a small warning, please be careful what products you use 'on' the bag itself to condition or protect from rain. With a pre-owned bag it is not always certain what products have been placed on previous to you and using another on top of that could have negative results. Best to do a test area first. :smile:

Good tip thank you. :smile:

Enjoy your cool First! I love mine so much![/QUOTE]