Retun a bag with receipt but no tag?

clb2009

Feb 9, 2009
I was organizing my bags and found a bag that I bought at the outlet nearly a year ago and not used. I have the receipt but I have no idea what happened to the tag. Will they give me a hard time if I try to return it?

Once I received a bag direct from JAX without a tag and when I called them they told me that I would have no problem returning as long as I have the receipt.

Your thoughts? I don't want to be embarrased.

I would call the outlet and talk to the manager. I have bought things from the outlet that have had no tag before and they looked the price up at the register, but I did not try and return that particular item. Maybe it did not have a tag on it when you purchased it.

I've done it before because when I bought the item, it didn't come with a tag. They can always figure out the item number by looking at the creed, which is what the SA did when I returned a bag without a tag.

I have purchases accessory pieces before w/o tags or the tag was missing but never a bag. Did you check the interior pockets by chance or the inside of the dustcover (just in case it came off and is sitting on the interior bottom of the dustcover. If you have had the bag a year and have not used it, you probably won't use it. I think if I were in your shoes, I would sell it on Ebay, you might even get a few dollars more than what you paid!

My Lindsay did not have a tag when I got her, so they do sell items that are untagged.

If it did not have a tag on it when you got it they would have just scanned another item or priced from their system. If you have your receipt and it is unused you can still return it.

I've never returned a bag w/out tags... that is something I'd definitely ask a manager if you can do, they would have to inspect the bag... they would more than likely give you merchandise credit if it doesn't have a tag I'm assuming? Unless you know some of your SA's close enough where they would give you a refund on how you originally paid for it...