Resellers in Osaka/Kyoto

bagfreak48

O.G.
Nov 15, 2007
After been bitten very badly by the hermes bug, I would really like to get my hands on a birkin. From what I read here, Japan seems to be the land of birkins but I was just wondering if someone could give me some help with the resellers in Osaka or Kyoto since I am going there in September please. There are places suggested for Tokyo but nothing much on Osaka. Any help would be much appreciated. :biggrin:. Thanks in advance....

you stand a good chance of getting a birkin from the hermes stores in Japan - so there is no need to go via resellers unless you are looking for something rare?

Also be prepared to pay PREMIUM in Japan whether you are buying from the actual Hermes boutiques or the reseller stores (unless if used or second hand).

BF, whereabouts in Asia are you? I noticed you asked for the prices in Kuala Lumpur in the HK vs SGP thread :smile: Are you looking to buy a pre-owned or brand new?

After been bitten very badly by the hermes bug, I would really like to get my hands on a birkin. From what I read here, Japan seems to be the land of birkins but I was just wondering if someone could give me some help with the resellers in Osaka or Kyoto since I am going there in September please. There are places suggested for Tokyo but nothing much on Osaka. Any help would be much appreciated. :biggrin:. Thanks in advance....

A lot of the Tokyo resellers also have branches in Osaka, even Hokkaido...

^^If you are in Japan, it is likely that you will see some Birkins on the shelf at H stores. So, maybe you want to try the store first before you go to the re-sellers.

^^If you are in Japan, it is likely that you will see some Birkins on the shelf at H stores. So, maybe you want to try the store first before you go to the re-sellers.

ITA with Pursenality! Be sure to browse the boutiques first, if all else fails then perhaps as you intented, to look at resellers boutique. Good Luck!

Attempting to acquire a birkin on the spot in KL, is at best.. exactly that, an attempt! lol Hope you have better luck in Japan!

i just wonder does anybody check out resellerse in kyoto and osaka before? if yes, how does it compare to Tokyo? Any one to recommend?

thanks in advance:biggrin:

Hi robee!

I didn't look for any resellers in Kyoto but took a brochure from the store in Osaka. There's one two blocks west of the Loft which is in front of Kyoto station. It's called Roko Shira.

For Osaka, I would suggest you just walk down the whole mall in Shinsaibashi from Daimaru to Takashimaya and go into the little streets off the mall (closer to Daimaru). The larger chains are Daikokuya, Komehyo, Brandoff (try bargaining in this store). The L'ecrin store is amazing to look at but ridiculously expensive.

I think Osaka has lovely things in resellers and maybe slightly cheaper than Tokyo.
For example, the Roko Shira store in Osaka had a lovely vertical whitebus in raisin chevre that I nearly brought home with me (to die for....) and in immaculate condition. I didn't see this anywhere else in all the other cities I went to.

For H stores, I've thought that Osaka is better stocked than Ginza.

If you want to discuss Kobe and Nagoya, that's another story all together!

And thank you for the recommendation of the hotel in Shinjuku. It was lovely!

For H stores, I've thought that Osaka is better stocked than Ginza.

This is very true! Better stores in general imho @ Osaka, but perhaps it was me that I like Osaka more??? Shinsaibashi has many resellers and all well stocked.

BTDF - i was reading your osaka reveal thread, and u hv definitely brought some treasures home. And why didn't u bring the whitebus home, it sounds gorgy.
I hope i have time to check out resellers, with two DS and mother in law, sounds like mission impossible.

Most welcome dear

lily
- shinsabashi area, ok, roger that, definitely asking for time off to check it out:P

I haven't done my second Japan reveal :biggrin:.

There were a number of bags I would have bought if I could carry them all in my hand luggage and I wasn't so broke! There was also this rouge H boxcalf plume elan in Nagoya I still dream about and black boxcalf birkin and prune kelly and piano bag and constance elan... The list goes on.

I'm sure you'll have fun. Try the tonkatsu on top of Kyoto station. I ate dinner there and then lunch again the next day. OMG! Maybe you've seen it before - Katsukura.

Btdf - OMG I am dreaming now!!!!! Constance élan in Market already and the piano bag, been chasing but the condition I saw in Tokyo, less than desire.

Can't wait for your reveal^-^

Last edited: