Repair Questions

Hi.
I have a vintage trotteur bag with a very broken strap and was wondering if anyone has any experience repairing a bag with similar damage and what the cost was. I have tried to contact LV directly for a quote but was told by the SA that they don’t give quotes. I don’t live close to a store so I would like to plan for a trip by budgeting an approximate cost instead of going in blindly. I know repairs can cost anywhere between nothing (if you’re lucky) and $500+ so I just want to have an idea in my head.
It depends what you want to do. Are you planning on replacing all the leather or just repairing this one tab?

I am having a repair issue as well. I bought vertigo sunglasses and there is a screw loose on one of the sides. I took them in for repair, they told me no charge for the repair. This was at end of November. Just found out today that they are unrepairable due to the "condition" of the product. I have barely used them.
I logged in today to see in the status there was an issue with the repair. They weren't even planning to reach out to me if I wouldn't have contacted LV Customer Service.
I was given no option other than to "come pick them up or ship them back."
Do I have any way of trying to force a credit??
I probably spend peanuts on average at LV as I moved onto Hermes, but I still was spending around $25k/year with them up until the past 6 months or so.

I’m looking to replace both tabs on either side so I can attach the strap again.
You’ll have to take your bag to the store to let them evaluate the bag, decide if the repair is possible, and then quote you a price. When the bag returns from repair, they will ship it back to your home address if you request it. I have done that a couple of times.