Repair Questions

Ladybugkc

O.G.
Oct 1, 2012
Do you all have a lot of trouble with repairs? I sent mine to the store I was told to send it to, they call and said they will re dye the bag and replace the strap but they have to send it in to check on the glazing that is cracking at the top. They call today and tell me the glazing can be fixed but can’t tell me a price. The re dyeing is already $200 and she said the glazing could be 200 - 300 more. Its hard to drop $500 on a bag that originally cost $4200 and has been carried less than three years. I was expecting it to hold up better for something so expensive. I’m not even rough on my bags.

Reactions: onesmallchimera
Can you give more info? That sounds like a significant repair, what happened to the bag?
Nothing, just carried it as normal. I thought I had pictures but I don’t. The color is wearing off the sides, the glazing is cracking around the top and the braided strap had one of the braids break loose. It is heavy so maybe just the weight of the bag plus everything in it. I got it for my birthday almost three years ago and don’t even carry it all the time.

What I don’t understand is why can’t they give me a clear answer on how much it will cost to repair. I don’t want a fix this and we’ll see about the other. If the cracked glazing is going to pinch my arm there is no need to fix the rest of the bag. And I read all these stories of LV stepping up and fixing bags or replacing them so I didn’t hesitate to buy this expensive bag because I thought they would be great to deal with.

Reactions: onesmallchimera
What I don’t understand is why can’t they give me a clear answer on how much it will cost to repair. I don’t want a fix this and we’ll see about the other. If the cracked glazing is going to pinch my arm there is no need to fix the rest of the bag. And I read all these stories of LV stepping up and fixing bags or replacing them so I didn’t hesitate to buy this expensive bag because I thought they would be great to deal with.
How can we help you with what you’re saying? You haven’t even told us what the bag is. Photos would help if you want advice.

How can we help you with what you’re saying? You haven’t even told us what the bag is. Photos would help if you want advice.
I’m not sure what kind of bag it is matters. I was asking if anyone has a hard time getting repairs done and getting answers on pricing for repairs. Does LV make different determinations or give better information depending on the bag? If it does matter it is a Babylon GM. I don’t want advice on my specific bag, just experience with LV repairs in general.

The re dyeing is already $200 and she said the glazing could be 200 - 300 more. Its hard to drop $500 on a bag that originally cost $4200 and has been carried less than three years. I was expecting it to hold up better for something so expensive. I’m not even rough on my bags.

Are you not aware that you were clearly told prices? So in what sense were you not given "answers on pricing for repairs"?

I’m not sure what kind of bag it is matters. I was asking if anyone has a hard time getting repairs done and getting answers on pricing for repairs. Does LV make different determinations or give better information depending on the bag? If it does matter it is a Babylon GM. I don’t want advice on my specific bag, just experience with LV repairs in general.
Not sure why giving more details is causing such frustration.

Anyway, yes, it does matter what bag it is. Repairs to canvas bags are much different than repairs to leather ones. There's also a "recall" on certain bags. Some bags have known issues. All of these factors will matter in the repair experience provided.

Hope you end up getting the answers you're looking for.

Wow guys, just forget it. I came here for advice on repairs in general not an argument. I don’t have many LV bags and thought you all would be welcoming and helpful but I guess not. And by the way, something MIGHT cost $200 -$300 isn’t answer! A $100 might make a big difference to some of us. Don’t bother replying, I’m out and won’t be reading the responses.

Wow guys, just forget it. I came here for advice on repairs in general not an argument. I don’t have many LV bags and thought you all would be welcoming and helpful but I guess not. And by the way, something MIGHT cost $200 -$300 isn’t answer! A $100 might make a big difference to some of us. Don’t bother replying, I’m out and won’t be reading the responses.
Unless you tell us what bag it is and share pictures with members of this community, it will be very difficult to help you.

Do you all have a lot of trouble with repairs? I sent mine to the store I was told to send it to, they call and said they will re dye the bag and replace the strap but they have to send it in to check on the glazing that is cracking at the top. They call today and tell me the glazing can be fixed but can’t tell me a price. The re dyeing is already $200 and she said the glazing could be 200 - 300 more. Its hard to drop $500 on a bag that originally cost $4200 and has been carried less than three years. I was expecting it to hold up better for something so expensive. I’m not even rough on my bags.

I took my Turenne into LV to get a minor repair. The bag was 2-3 years old. I signed for the quote (about $120) and about 4 weeks later they called to tell me it was repaired. I wasn't charged for the repair and the store (which was a few hours away) even returned the bag to me free of charge.

I have a similar response. I sent a bag for repair, it was deemed defective, and I got to choose a brand new one or $3900 store credit!! You never know what’s going to happen when you send a bag off for repair. $100 should not make a difference if you carry a $4200 bag. That would be like driving a Porsche and saying you can’t afford the $200 oil change or a $500 tire.

I took my Turenne into LV to get a minor repair. The bag was 2-3 years old. I signed for the quote (about $120) and about 4 weeks later they called to tell me it was repaired. I wasn't charged for the repair and the store (which was a few hours away) even returned the bag to me free of charge.

Reactions: jellyv
Hi.
I have a vintage trotteur bag with a very broken strap and was wondering if anyone has any experience repairing a bag with similar damage and what the cost was. I have tried to contact LV directly for a quote but was told by the SA that they don’t give quotes. I don’t live close to a store so I would like to plan for a trip by budgeting an approximate cost instead of going in blindly. I know repairs can cost anywhere between nothing (if you’re lucky) and $500+ so I just want to have an idea in my head.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 81
The good thing is you pay when the repair is completed so if you made a trip to include a stop at LV you wouldn’t need the funds at the time of consult. My repairs have all been between 4-6 weeks. That might give you some time to budget.