Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Did you ever get any comments on this? It seems to be a common thing for that bag. I just bought one myself, and when it arrives that’s the first thing I’m going to inspect. The bags that are kept in their dust bag seem to not have this problem. They maintain the proper temperature and retain their natural moisture.

I realized I didn't update, but I did get my Louis Vuitton Neverfull repaired. It was for the trim and the two straps. I'll include a before and after photo for both. I was quoted $300, but then it rang out to $360. I wasn't sure why, but I did see that the lock is brand new and the trim replaced there as well, so it could've been that.

Anyway, money well spent on a Neverfull that still looks great since 2010! Canvas and interior were still in wonderful condition.

Attachments

• pmp%MpQfQmmym0rbQlT3CQ.jpg
    pmp%MpQfQmmym0rbQlT3CQ.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 566
  • V4nfp83FTq2lkeJQ9yqFDQ.jpg
    V4nfp83FTq2lkeJQ9yqFDQ.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 568
  • Re3tYJhDRxCgUOiG276sNg.jpg
    Re3tYJhDRxCgUOiG276sNg.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 569
Quoted $300 to reglaze and replace the zipper on an (old model) zippy compact wallet I purchased from Fashionphile.
$150 for the zipper replacement and $150 to reglaze.
I declined, as this was above what I was willing to spend, especially for the zipper alone.
Estimated turnaround was 8-10 weeks.

I realized I didn't update, but I did get my Louis Vuitton Neverfull repaired. It was for the trim and the two straps. I'll include a before and after photo for both. I was quoted $300, but then it rang out to $360. I wasn't sure why, but I did see that the lock is brand new and the trim replaced there as well, so it could've been that.

Anyway, money well spent on a Neverfull that still looks great since 2010! Canvas and interior were still in wonderful condition.
The person doing the repair probably made a judgement call and determined that the leather pieces holding the bag closure pieces have seen better days. Since he/she would've had to remove that to replace the trim, they probably did that too. I think it was a good call on his/her part

Your repaired NF looks great!

Reactions: chilluxury
Really thinking of getting this 80sView attachment 4565414 model keepall but there is a tear on it. I was wondering if this can be repaired based on your experiences? I had a few repairs done in my previous keepall at LV Store but not sure about this type of tear
I don't know how they could possibly sew the piping onto the canvas. It's not a crack, but that's a pretty big rip. I wouldn't. Pay more for one in better condition.

Sent off a Neverfull MM today to be repaired at Lenox Square in Atlanta. Originally went in just wanting to have upper leather trim replaced but inquired on a couple other repairs while I was there. By the time I left, it was sent off for new handles, replacement of upper trim, and replacement of inner pocket. Total was quoted at $350 - $60 for upper trim, $190 for handles, and $100 for inner pocket. Will try to remember to update with pictures when it comes back! We're approaching holiday season, so I was quoted 8-10 weeks.

The person doing the repair probably made a judgement call and determined that the leather pieces holding the bag closure pieces have seen better days. Since he/she would've had to remove that to replace the trim, they probably did that too. I think it was a good call on his/her part

Your repaired NF looks great!
Yes, definitely a good call! The closure itself is brand new too, so they didn't even keep the old one, which had tarnished! :smile:

Hello everyone, does anyone know how much it costs to have an old model pochette accessories leather shoulder strap replaced? mine is from 2003 and the leather snapped when I was trying to clean it :sad: the zip is fine so its just the leather strap with the clip, thanks so much!

I'm thinking of repairing my Eva clutch, that is still in good condition but I would like the piping and zipper replaced. Since I did buy this preloved, the glazing at the edges has come off, and there is a very small crack in one of the sides. Has anyone had any luck with LV repairing with a tiny crack in the canvas, or is that an absolute no-no?

I'm thinking of repairing my Eva clutch, that is still in good condition but I would like the piping and zipper replaced. Since I did buy this preloved, the glazing at the edges has come off, and there is a very small crack in one of the sides. Has anyone had any luck with LV repairing with a tiny crack in the canvas, or is that an absolute no-no?

LV won't repair cracked canvas because it can't be repaired, not by LV not by anyone unfortunately. if it's very small it might just be worth taking it to them anyway to see what they say, I had something repaired and there was a tiny crack so you never know!

Reactions: chilluxury
I’m looking at purchasing a vintage Keepall 50. I was wondering if anyone got quotes to overhaul the whole bag. Replace the piping, handles, chaps, zipper etc and if someone could post it up the quotes they got, please post up.

I’m looking at purchasing a vintage Keepall 50. I was wondering if anyone got quotes to overhaul the whole bag. Replace the piping, handles, chaps, zipper etc and if someone could post it up the quotes they got, please post up.
You have to budget at least 50% of the current retail price for all the leather and zipper to be changed.

Just looking if it’s just best to buy a new one during my vacation to France in April. I do like the vintage canvas because it’s thicker.
Personally, I would buy new since you get better prices in France along with the VAT refund (total savings are usually around 30% compared to US retail price). Then, you know that you are protected by LV's excellent after-sale service in case something happens to your bag. Good luck with your decision!