Repair/Replacement Costs - List

I would not use Olive Oil it will go rancid and smell. I do not think there is anything wrong with that bottom that a good condition and clean would not fix.

Clean it with Dawn 5x dishwashing pump cleaner and condition it with Blackrocks.

Thank you! I will check this out! Basically I am trying to decide if I should purchase a well used Noe that I can clean up and polish myself... or need to invest extra money for one in better condition because the vachetta just cannot be repaired.

Hi:smile: Please I need your opinion!
My speedy damier is 4 y old. The leather of the handles started to peel in the first months. Now they look really damaged. There is no LV store nearby in BG. Last week in Harrods in London I talked with the SA and she took pics of my bag ,showed them to her colleague and wrote me an email that they can replace the handles for free. I'll send the bag next week to them. Do you think that it's possible to charge me at the end for the replacement even I've been told it's free? It's important for me cause if it's possible to be charged it's better to buy a new bag. Thank you in advance! I'll appreciate your answers!

My speedy damier is 4 y old. The leather of the handles started to peel in the first months. Now they look really damaged. There is no LV store nearby in BG. Last week in Harrods in London I talked with the SA and she took pics of my bag ,showed them to her colleague and wrote me an email that they can replace the handles for free. I'll send the bag next week to them. Do you think that it's possible to charge me at the end for the replacement even I've been told it's free? It's important for me cause if it's possible to be charged it's better to buy a new bag. Thank you in advance! I'll appreciate your answers!
If she said free, then it will be free.

Normally when you bring a repair into the store you sign a paper saying you agree to the quoted charges for your repair. Since you have an email from your SA, you can always use that as proof in the rare event that you get charged. I think you'll be fine, no worries! [emoji106]

BTW, do you have a picture of the peeling handles? I'm curious, and it would be nice to know what to look for in case it happens to mine. TIA!

Normally when you bring a repair into the store you sign a paper saying you agree to the quoted charges for your repair. Since you have an email from your SA, you can always use that as proof in the rare event that you get charged. I think you'll be fine, no worries! [emoji106]

BTW, do you have a picture of the peeling handles? I'm curious, and it would be nice to know what to look for in case it happens to mine. TIA!

+1

This actually happened to me. And I got into an argument with the people who were there working at the time. The SA even said "let me give you a life lesson hun..." It was so disrespectful. Luckily I'm pretty close with one of the managers and they called him on his cell. He pretty much told them they were totally in the wrong and wasn't sure why they were being so rude and giving me such a hard time. The SA who was the one to "give me a lesson" walked away and didn't even finish helping me. My purpose for sharing that is just to make sure you have a print out of that email or proof. Of corse depending on where your going. I hope this helps!!

This actually happened to me. And I got into an argument with the people who were there working at the time. The SA even said "let me give you a life lesson hun..." It was so disrespectful. Luckily I'm pretty close with one of the managers and they called him on his cell. He pretty much told them they were totally in the wrong and wasn't sure why they were being so rude and giving me such a hard time. The SA who was the one to "give me a lesson" walked away and didn't even finish helping me. My purpose for sharing that is just to make sure you have a print out of that email or proof. Of corse depending on where your going. I hope this helps!!

Omg. That was so very rude of that SA.

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue
Hello you lovely, lovely people.

I just bought a baby vintage (94) preloved Speedy that doesn't have a zipper pull. I've scanned this thread and earlier this spring saw a few different experiences with this. Charged, not charged, have to be in the system with a purchase history, don't have to have a purchase history... Etc. I have a story in my city that I'll be going to to make an inquiry as soon as my bag arrives (Monday, hurry up!!) and I know it can vary, but I just thought I'd ask.

Has anyone had any experiences recently with replacing the zipper pull? Thanks!

Hello you lovely, lovely people.

I just bought a baby vintage (94) preloved Speedy that doesn't have a zipper pull. I've scanned this thread and earlier this spring saw a few different experiences with this. Charged, not charged, have to be in the system with a purchase history, don't have to have a purchase history... Etc. I have a story in my city that I'll be going to to make an inquiry as soon as my bag arrives (Monday, hurry up!!) and I know it can vary, but I just thought I'd ask.

Has anyone had any experiences recently with replacing the zipper pull? Thanks!

I was quoted $30 last week for a Speedy 25. I was surprised because it has always been free for as long as I can remember (I've had 1 or 2 changed in the past), but my SA said price increased a couple months ago, and they now charge for it. I think if you have a good history with your SA, he/she may still give it to you for free. Hope this helps!