"renting" designer handbags

I was actually thinking about this the other day and decided while it is an interesting concept (as others here have mentioned), I am in consensus with what everyone else says about the cost to "rent" especially a couture bag is extremely high and over the course of a year, you could have bought one instead. You also have to usually wait list for the bags that are "in demand" which since the rental time is unlimited I believe you may have waited and it is out of season. You also have to buy it if you damage it or if it get's damaged, etc. For someone like me that is always on the prowl for a new handbag this concept would be perfect for me, except it has too many cons. I personally like owning my bags and not "renting" them.

WOW - great to know. Too bad you didn't take pics to show us.
Sorry you didn't get your bag.
Keep checking Ebay - perhaps one day it will show up =(

Oh man.

So sorry, jchiara. I know how much you wanted this. Maybe IF will reissue it sometime in the future? And there is always eBay. Anyways, thanks for the update, I guess I will not be joining them any time soon...

I'll rather die than rent a handbag!

Renting tuxedoes or bridal gowns is ok because you can dry-clean the clothes, but handbags (the expensive leather ones) cannot be dry-cleaned or cleaned or sanitised.

And let's face it. If you rent a handbag, are you going to take as good care of it as if it's your own?? The majority is going to say "no". Imagine the handbags resting on the loo floor, or sloppy people spilling all sort of things inside and out...imagine lazy people who go to the loo with the bag and then not washing their hands after and then carrying the handbag, and then you are the next person to use it. EEEEwwwwwww gross!

I would rather save up and buy my own. Sorry.

I do think that these companies have a way of tagging their bags so it is not possible to mix with fake ones.
As for the fake ones, nobody can copy them 100%. Or it will be to expensive so why bother...

I think it's gross to use a bag that you have no idea who used it or what they put in it. For all you know they put a bag of dog poop in it. (I'm not kidding, I've once since a woman put that her in bag before throwing it out. Imagine if she got the bag before you.) Also, no matter the price, after a few bags you've spent the amount you would have on one bag. Which is a waste imo. Not worth it to me. Besides, a lot of those sites rent fakes or have fakes mixed in. Also, who's to stop someone from renting a real one and sending back a good fake? It has too many disavantages imo.