Rejuventating, Repairing or Restoring Your Balenciaga

Here are some picture of my DC first. I had the handles restored and the corners touched up a little, they weren't that bad to begin with. Before and after pics.

The handles lack the variation in original handles since they are painted so they do look a little flat but they feel brand new and not soft and soggy. Color is a pretty good match. The corners look good.

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

Hi ladies, does anyone have tips for breathing a bit of life back into this old lady? She has been hiding in my closet for years but it’s time for her renaissance.

She’s a T tag so I think 2007 magenta chèvre but as she’s a light colour I’m nervous about using a product that may change the colour too much.

The main issue is that she’s quite dry and a bit scaly which has caused some fading. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I’m in Australia so some products may not be available here. Thanks

View attachment 5257251

View attachment 5257252
It’s 08 pale magenta

I just received my 05 Gray First back from LMB this morning. Sent her in for dark handles to be restored. The color on this bag is especially variegated, as some of the older Chèvre leather can be, so I was concerned that I'd be disappointed with with a flat color, even if it matched fairly well.

Happily surprised at the result. Somehow they managed to replicate the softly marbled look of the body of the bag, and the colors used are perfect. Their color matching has always been perfect, but I've never seen this variegated dye before.

IMG_4950.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I’d love some opinions.

Years ago I bought an anthracite city in a super well loved condition. The color was so uneven and faded but I loved the look. A little while later I decided that I would have the bag dyed by a local cobbler. They did a decent-ish job. But I realized They did not actually dye the bag like I asked but instead painted it.

Fast forward to now, I realized I never use this bag because I’m pretty certain I much preferred its original “beat up” state.

There are some areas of the bag where the paint has flaked off so I’m positive it’s possible to remove it from the whole bag.

Does anyone have any tips or products to remove all the paint? I started with the strap, mirror, and back with rubbing alcohol and saddle soap and it seems to be coming out but it’s taking a lot of elbow grease in one area and I’m starting to get impatient.

I might consider taking it back to a cobbler to see if they can remove it but I rather try myself first.

Any tips are appreciated!