Red Rubber Soles – Vibram, Chic, Soletech, etc.

Angelie,

I think you said earlier that the ones you bought were 3mm thick, which is too thick for CL shoes.

The material I bought is 1.8mm thick but the manufacturers also do 1.0mm thick.

I thought that the 1.0mm would probably wear out much too fast so I checked with my local cobbler. He said that the 1.8mm would be fine, so that is why I purchased the sheet in that thickness.

Please post the results when you have them. We are all eager to learn the results. Thank you for sharing!

Please post the results when you have them. We are all eager to learn the results. Thank you for sharing!

Lolitablue,

When I get my wife's Cork Marpoil slingbacks and the Python Palace Zeppas repaired, in the next 10 days, I will post pictures for you.

In the mean time, the following links may help.

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/red-rubber-soles-229817-2.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin-shoes/cobbler-ruined-my-louboutins-there-cl-er-hospital-207213-3.html

Attachments

• Palace Zeppa 3.jpg
    Palace Zeppa 3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Red Soles 2.JPG
    Red Soles 2.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 2,481
Ugh, I have had no luck with cobblers around here wanting to put red rubber soles on my soon to arrive python simple pumps.

I found one cobbler, where Saks in Palm Beach sends all their shoes, who have dealt with Louboutins before, but don't have a red sole that is exactly the same color. She said it is a more orange-red color, but did say that someone recently had the exact same soles put on a pair of Louboutins and was very happy with the results. It will be around $16, so I think I'm going to go for it. This cobbler has a great reputation here.

One place I called, the woman said, "Red?! What for?" When I told her, she laughed, said no and hung up :rolleyes:

Ugh, I have had no luck with cobblers around here wanting to put red rubber soles on my soon to arrive python simple pumps.

I found one cobbler, where Saks in Palm Beach sends all their shoes, who have dealt with Louboutins before, but don't have a red sole that is exactly the same color. She said it is a more orange-red color, but did say that someone recently had the exact same soles put on a pair of Louboutins and was very happy with the results....

Cristina,

The material I bought is the same colour. It is not an exact match but is so close you would not really tell unless you were staring at it.

As far as I am aware it is the closest colour match currently available. The photos shown within the quoted links (above) show how close the colours are.

I bought my first pair of CLs a few months ago and was terrified to walk on them for fear of ruining the soles. I tried to find red rubber soles, but there was no info at the time. I found an obscure website about making felt slippers and rubberizing the soles .... they recommended Plasti-dip, used to rubberize tool handles, found at any hardware store. It comes in several colors - including a perfect shade of red. I tried it on an old pair of shoes and it worked! I painted 3 or 4 coats on my CLs and it worked perfectly! The only thing was, it peeled right off the slick new sole - so I took them to my cobbler and he glued it on. So the total bill was $6 for the Plasti-dip (you can probably rubberize 30 pairs, at least, from one can) and about $5 to glue it on.

I bought my first pair of CLs a few months ago and was terrified to walk on them for fear of ruining the soles. I tried to find red rubber soles, but there was no info at the time. I found an obscure website about making felt slippers and rubberizing the soles .... they recommended Plasti-dip, used to rubberize tool handles, found at any hardware store. It comes in several colors - including a perfect shade of red. I tried it on an old pair of shoes and it worked! I painted 3 or 4 coats on my CLs and it worked perfectly! The only thing was, it peeled right off the slick new sole - so I took them to my cobbler and he glued it on. So the total bill was $6 for the Plasti-dip (you can probably rubberize 30 pairs, at least, from one can) and about $5 to glue it on.

It may be worth looking at my comments on the other 'red sole' thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...bram-soles-off-ebay-234297-4.html#post4976969

Lolitablue,

When I get my wife's Cork Marpoil slingbacks and the Python Palace Zeppas repaired, in the next 10 days, I will post pictures for you..........

As promised.

I took a pair of Karen's Cork Marpoil shoes, that had seen a fair amount of sole wear, and had them repaired with the soles I have supplied to a few members here.

It is the first time I have used this cobbler, so I thought I'd try him out on only one pair at first. What do you think of his work and of the soles themselves?

Attachments

• Red Soles 5.JPG
    Red Soles 5.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 3,511
  • Repair 5.JPG
    Repair 5.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 3,247
  • Repair Side 1.JPG
    Repair Side 1.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 1,795
  • Repair Side 2.JPG
    Repair Side 2.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,934
Reactions: IslandWahine
Here's the website for Vibram:

http://www.vibram.us/repair/repair.asp?Product=Sheets

This particular model comes in red: #8102 Morflex® Pyramid Sheet

With the store locator, you can find the local vibram authorized repair shop near you and see if they can order that sheet, if it'd work for your CL's and/or if they carry it already...

Hope that helps all of you!

Cool info!

I have one secs. away from my house!

Thanks!

Cool info!

I have one secs. away from my house!

Thanks!

ilovemylilo,

Were you successful in obtaining the red soles?

Cobblers normally buy 1/2 soles in batches, not sheet. You could check but I think they would only buy sheet in as a special.

I think that is why members find it hard to locate cobblers who stock the sheet. The sheets are very large and bulky and the minimum order is 10 sheets. So, if the demand is small and infrequent they don't want to have it lying around their premises.

They could order the smaller 1/2 soles but the minimum order for them is 240 pairs and they cost more per pair. Again, if they cannot sell that number of pairs within a reasonable time frame they do not want to tie up a lot of money in slow moving stock.

See the rest of my comments on:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...bram-soles-off-ebay-234297-6.html#post5000324

my cobbler has the perfect ones--the very ones manufactured in Europe--bright red color and flexible and thin!! http://fortunas.com
I think they also sell them separately for $12.50/pair if you want your favorite local shop to install them but they ch:tup:arged me $30 to do mine!!

I had Adam at European Shoe Service in Menlo Park, CA place some Soletech soles on a pair of CL booties I purchased for my GF as a gift. He was a little aggressive with the magic marker, but I think only the ants will notice. What do y'all think?

Last edited:
That looks great! I didn't know that rubber stamp ink cleaner could clean the black marker up! Poor Adam must be overwhelmed with all the CL customers bringing in their shoes. I don't remember what mine looked like after he finished with my Super Wallis but I need to check them now ;)