Red M/L lambskin flap: Too Formal?

hmpatx

Jan 9, 2009
This will be my first flap... and possibly my last. I dont like Black... it does not appeal to me as much as the new vibrant colors do...

I want Purple, Blue Roi or 10 C Red. I thought I want a jumbo but it might be too big/loud for a red bag? I have an opportunity for a M/L in red... but I am afraid it might be too Evening-Wear for me.

I am petite 5 ft tall. Thanks for your input!

shockboogie

I see ORANGE!
Dec 29, 2007
Manila/Michigan
I don't think it's too formal at all. I think it's very versatile since you can wear it dressed down or dressed up. I use my Red M/L with jeans and other casual clothes all the time. :tup:

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
Ahhh I was wondering the same thing. Caviar seems a little more casual so I wouldn't have a prob with wearing it with jeans etc. But some m/l red lambskin owners tell me that they only use it for dressier occasions!

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
Ahhh you always look fashionable and gorgeous! Think you could wear a garbage bag and still look good! :P

I don't think it's too formal at all. I think it's very versatile since you can wear it dressed down or dressed up. I use my Red M/L with jeans and other casual clothes all the time. :tup:

hmpatx

Jan 9, 2009
Ahhh I was wondering the same thing. Caviar seems a little more casual so I wouldn't have a prob with wearing it with jeans etc. But some m/l red lambskin owners tell me that they only use it for dressier occasions!
yes... it does look like so. Esp I saw a picture in the chanel in action and she was wearing her M/L red flap in Black evening dress! It looked sooo right! I have seen some in casual.. but i think it was either a jumbo or caviar flap. I dont want to look like I am rockin an evening bag on broad daylight and look tacky instead of classy KWIM?

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
I guess it comes down to what you feel comfortable with :smile: I have seen some pics of celebs/models rocking red lambskin flaps with jeans and they look great! I say if it makes you feel good, do it! hehehe Though the stress factor is a whole different thing altogether!!! hehe

ceya

O.G.
Jan 7, 2008
if can afford for red lambskin during the day, I would.
If you like it does not matter who says.

rosasharn78

Choose happiness always.
O.G.
Dec 3, 2009
Sun & Surf, CA
I think the 10C red m/l looks fantastic both casual & dressed up. I definitely don't think it should be restricted to just formal events. If you have a chance to snag one, I say go for it! It's such a gorgeous bag.

*So.Cal*girl

Dec 27, 2008
I think it's the beauty of the m/l red lambskin flap. It's versatile enough to work from casual to dressier events. If you are in a casual attire, the bag pulls your whole outfit together & makes you look chic. That's the added bonus. But if you're uncomfortable with how flashy it might make you feel, then maybe opt for a red in caviar to tone it down a bit.

RPGBuff

Oct 15, 2006
I think caviar might be a better choice than lambskin.

You don't have to worry about it for everyday use and lambskin in M/L does seem more formal than Jumbo or Caviar in M/L.

djrr

O.G.
May 5, 2008
i have the 10c red lambskin and am about the same height as you, i wear it during the day with jeans and t-shirt, so i think there's no problem. i think the classic flap just makes a casual outfit more chic, that's all, not necessarily formal. plus the 10c only comes in shw, if it were ghw, i might think it's a little dressy, but shw is a lot more casual. HTH!

luvchnl

O.G.
May 15, 2008
yes... it does look like so. Esp I saw a picture in the chanel in action and she was wearing her M/L red flap in Black evening dress! It looked sooo right! I have seen some in casual.. but i think it was either a jumbo or caviar flap. I dont want to look like I am rockin an evening bag on broad daylight and look tacky instead of classy KWIM?
It's all about your personal style. Who's to say that a lambskin M/L is only an evening bag or only for special occations. I don't think it's tacky at all. I wear mine all the time with jeans because that's just my personal sense of style and what I like. Wear what you like and don't worry if others think it's tacky. We can't dress for others, only what makes us happy. If you feel confident wearing it, why not?

peafleut

Gobby See, Gobby Do!
Jun 3, 2008
On Gobby's Paw
I think it's a great bag for everyday use. The real issue if how much stuff do you carry on an everyday basis if you a light traveler than it will be fantastic if you bring everything with you than hold out for a jumbo.

bfali

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
I think it's a great bag but it sounds like you're doubting it so I would wait until you are absolutely sure!