Red M/L lambskin flap: Too Formal?

hmpatx

Jan 9, 2009
This will be my first flap... and possibly my last. I dont like Black... it does not appeal to me as much as the new vibrant colors do...

I want Purple, Blue Roi or 10 C Red. I thought I want a jumbo but it might be too big/loud for a red bag? I have an opportunity for a M/L in red... but I am afraid it might be too Evening-Wear for me.

I am petite 5 ft tall. Thanks for your input!

I don't think it's too formal at all. I think it's very versatile since you can wear it dressed down or dressed up. I use my Red M/L with jeans and other casual clothes all the time. :tup:

Ahhh I was wondering the same thing. Caviar seems a little more casual so I wouldn't have a prob with wearing it with jeans etc. But some m/l red lambskin owners tell me that they only use it for dressier occasions!

Ahhh I was wondering the same thing. Caviar seems a little more casual so I wouldn't have a prob with wearing it with jeans etc. But some m/l red lambskin owners tell me that they only use it for dressier occasions!

yes... it does look like so. Esp I saw a picture in the chanel in action and she was wearing her M/L red flap in Black evening dress! It looked sooo right! I have seen some in casual.. but i think it was either a jumbo or caviar flap. I dont want to look like I am rockin an evening bag on broad daylight and look tacky instead of classy KWIM?

I guess it comes down to what you feel comfortable with :smile: I have seen some pics of celebs/models rocking red lambskin flaps with jeans and they look great! I say if it makes you feel good, do it! hehehe Though the stress factor is a whole different thing altogether!!! hehe

I think the 10C red m/l looks fantastic both casual & dressed up. I definitely don't think it should be restricted to just formal events. If you have a chance to snag one, I say go for it! It's such a gorgeous bag.

I think it's the beauty of the m/l red lambskin flap. It's versatile enough to work from casual to dressier events. If you are in a casual attire, the bag pulls your whole outfit together & makes you look chic. That's the added bonus. But if you're uncomfortable with how flashy it might make you feel, then maybe opt for a red in caviar to tone it down a bit.

I think caviar might be a better choice than lambskin.

You don't have to worry about it for everyday use and lambskin in M/L does seem more formal than Jumbo or Caviar in M/L.

i have the 10c red lambskin and am about the same height as you, i wear it during the day with jeans and t-shirt, so i think there's no problem. i think the classic flap just makes a casual outfit more chic, that's all, not necessarily formal. plus the 10c only comes in shw, if it were ghw, i might think it's a little dressy, but shw is a lot more casual. HTH!

yes... it does look like so. Esp I saw a picture in the chanel in action and she was wearing her M/L red flap in Black evening dress! It looked sooo right! I have seen some in casual.. but i think it was either a jumbo or caviar flap. I dont want to look like I am rockin an evening bag on broad daylight and look tacky instead of classy KWIM?

It's all about your personal style. Who's to say that a lambskin M/L is only an evening bag or only for special occations. I don't think it's tacky at all. I wear mine all the time with jeans because that's just my personal sense of style and what I like. Wear what you like and don't worry if others think it's tacky. We can't dress for others, only what makes us happy. If you feel confident wearing it, why not?

I think it's a great bag for everyday use. The real issue if how much stuff do you carry on an everyday basis if you a light traveler than it will be fantastic if you bring everything with you than hold out for a jumbo.