RED handbags....the go-with-everything-bag?

^^Hey thanks for that link-I read your post afterwards but I also just made that my desktop pic-lol!!

I hope the mods don't think this is turning into an MJ post, I just wanted to get opinions on red bags in general.

I'd love to hear more opinions, please keep them coming!! :smile:

definitely go with a red bag!! every well rounded collection needs at least one. it's such a good neutral eye popping color. it goes well with practically everything!

well I'm not a red person usually but I too wanted a red bag, so I bought a MJ venitia in pomegranite. It's very pretty, but I still have a hard time using it because as much as l'd like to be a red person I'm not. It does go with a lot of things so yes, if you like red I'm sure you will find lots of use for it. But if you aren't a fan of red it might just sit in your closet. Do you wear any red clothes? I bought a red sweater and it sits in my closet too, lol!

For years I've been going back and forth if I should buy a red handbag. I have a red clutch but it's dressy and not for every day but I held it against all my clothes hanging in my closet and it seemed to go with everything except a few things. Most of my clothes are black/cream/brown/grey with a few colors thrown in. The thing that got me thinking about it was seeing pics of Nicole Kidman in the 'Bag That Style' section of the forum and she was photographed with a red Prada. That bag just popped against her camel coat and black pants. Should I just get a fabulous red bag once and for all. Those of you who own a red bag, do you get tons of use from it? I've been eyeing the MJ Stam on the Nordies Website-it's so classic! Please give me your feedback! Thanks!! :biggrin:

Here's the link for MJ: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3070509...keyword=marc+jacobs+stam&origin=searchresults

and Here's NK with her red Prada: http://www.bagthatstyle.com/2009/nicole-kidman-travels-with-prada-and-her-hubby/

and here's a link for a red Prada (not the same as NK): http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...408474395222441&bmUID=1260920232773&ev19=1:21

look at the same bag against this gorgeous outfit !!!

attachment.php

Vesna, that YSL is gorgeous in that color. I used to be so obsessed with the Mombassa a few seasons ago but it's another classic bag of course, because it's YSL!

well I'm not a red person usually but I too wanted a red bag, so I bought a MJ venitia in pomegranite. It's very pretty, but I still have a hard time using it because as much as l'd like to be a red person I'm not. It does go with a lot of things so yes, if you like red I'm sure you will find lots of use for it. But if you aren't a fan of red it might just sit in your closet. Do you wear any red clothes? I bought a red sweater and it sits in my closet too, lol!

I don't own any red clothes but that's why a red bag would work so perfectly with my wardrobe. I love the MJ Venetia! It's funny how Marc Jacobs used that design when he created the LV Manhattan GM. I'd rather have the MJ over the Manhattan. :smile:

I have a red Tods bag. I like it but I don't find myself using it that often. Same thing seems to happen with red clothes for me. I have to be in the mood for red, whereas a color like black or something more neutral I use more.
I just bought a beautiful red Prada wallet. I haven't used it yet but I'm expecting that since a wallet is much smaller and goes inside your bag, I won't get tired of looking at it. And it's a beautiful shade of red so that should help.

You should get your red bag. Even if you don't use it all the time, it will be nice to have. Nicole's bag looks great.

Great thread! I can't say it enough: at least in my book, red is the ultimate, classic neutral. I always have at least one red bag in my collection, and if I don't, I feel pretty lost.

(Not to mention naked). :nuts:

I wear red with all of my clothes (with the exception perhaps of wine-colored clothing). It makes everything look more chic and put-together. Nope. There's nothing like a great pair of red shoes or a lovely red handbag to make an outfit. :heart:

Go for it, Antonia!

I have two more red, this thread is perfect for my 2009 obsession with red purses:
Dior Cannage drawstring

attachment.php

Miu Miu

attachment.php

Hayden Harnett hobo RUBY gorgeous red color

attachment.php