Recto Verso SLG - Thoughts and Comparisons

I haven't seen anyone mention this issue yet, so I'll just throw it out there. I am NOT fan of the card slots on the back. I would rather they be inside the zipped part. Reasons are I don't like my cards on the "outside," and I also feel that sometimes the card part makes the SLG look imbalanced. It would be nice if there were 2-3 card slots inside the zipped or flap portion and that would be perfect in my eyes. Thoughts?
Cards add bulk pretty fast, especially for something as flat as the recto verso. If the slots were on the inside, you probably couldnt fit anything else except for maybe 2 bills, some coins, and maybe a receipt? A key fob, if small enough, might be able to fit too.

Some people prefer the card slots on the outside of card holders. This is ideal for people who have to show an ID or use a specific card frequently. College students or people who use public transportation everyday come first to my mind, since that was me in college. If I needed my cards to be more secured, like when going to a bar, I just put my cards inside the zipper compartment of my card holder. RV didn't exist when I was in uni, but I exclusively used slgs like it.

Nothing is stopping anyone from putting their cards inside the flap and zipper compartment, and you don't need slots to "tell you" to. If I'm running an errand for someone else, that's where their card goes for me. Makes it easier for me to keep their receipt with their card.

Personally, I think zip-type wallets are inefficient. I refuse to buy a zippy wallet because I see them as being slow and cumbersome to use. I have to unzip and zip everytime I want something? No thanks. Those few seconds are precious when you're trying to catch a ride. My mom and best friend love zip wallets though, since they see it as being more secure and can carry more things. They travel more often than I do, so they have a greater need for keeping their things together.

Just goes to show that different lifestyles have different priorities, and the things we want to buy and use can reflect that.

Hi, I know this thread is old, but not sure where to post. I have this card holder and I love it, however my key fob won’t unlock my doors while it’s inside. I keep having to unzip the zipper compartment and taking it out to unlock. This doesn’t happen in my 6 key holder or even when it’s in my handbag or pocket. Is this happening to anyone else? Wondering if the credit cards are blocking the signal, but it’s a little annoying.

Last edited:
Hi, I know this thread is old, but not sure where to post. I have this card holder and I love it, however my key fob won’t unlock my doors while it’s inside. I keep having to unzip the zipper compartment and taking it out to unlock. This doesn’t happen in my 6 key holder or even when it’s in my handbag or pocket. Is this happening to anyone else? Wondering if the credit cards are blocking the signal, but it’s a little annoying.
I didn't noticed this happening the few times my fob was in the zipper pocket. I mostly keep it out, though. Maybe your battery is low?

My key fob is not attached to my recto. I use it as a wallet and love how quickly and easily I can access what I need. I’d purchase it in reverse monogram if it became available.

Personally, I think zip-type wallets are inefficient. I refuse to buy a zippy wallet because I see them as being slow and cumbersome to use. I have to unzip and zip everytime I want something? No thanks. Those few seconds are precious when you're trying to catch a ride. My mom and best friend love zip wallets though, since they see it as being more secure and can carry more things. They travel more often than I do, so they have a greater need for keeping their things together.

I've found there's an inordinate number of LV zippy wallets for sale as I think most people do eventually find that they're inconvenient. I'm currently loving my card holder and like that I have quick access to cards. Having said that, I only carry it in a bag, not as a standalone item. For security etc. a traditional wallet with internal card slots makes sense.

I looked at the Recto Verso and it's very cute but as I was looking at downsizing (and specifically, to get flatter), the card holder made more sense.

Reactions: Penelopepursula
I no longer use the recto because the cards slowly slide up and out from the zippered compartment when it’s unzipped. If it’s zipped then bills get stuck in the zipper. Also, it’s too compact and tight to use as a wallet. Also, I don‘t feel comfortable using it in the evening with the credit cards showing on the back. I think the recto is beautiful but I realized I prefer the LV key cles, LV anae or Chanel cardholder coin case.

I love the Recto Verso! It’s perfect for my needs. I use it for my office keys, work card, and a credit card, so it fits well in my jacket/coat pocket during work. I got it when it first came out in monogram with black. Now there are other beautiful color/pattern options that I would prefer and I’m thinking of getting another one…hmmm…

Reactions: bagaholic1
I also love the recto verso. I use it everyday and I no longer need a larger wallet. No fuss, nice and easy. I had returned it and then I bought it again within 2 weeks. I usually leave the zippered compartment with my bills open. I don’t want to use anything else. I have the LV monogram.

Reactions: joyfulone and rvc
My husband bought me the mono Recto Verso while on vacation in Germany. We
saved quite a bit compared to the USA prices. I also considered the Victorine wallet. I went from a Zippy wallet to the RV. I found it fits just what I need to carry. Does anyone know if LV wallets have RDIF blocking? It would be nice if they did.

Do you prefer the RV or Rosalie? I carry cards and cash. Thanks!
I love the RV. It's the wallet I use daily. It fits into all my bags, big or small.
My husband bought me the mono Recto Verso while on vacation in Germany. We
saved quite a bit compared to the USA prices. I also considered the Victorine wallet. I went from a Zippy wallet to the RV. I found it fits just what I need to carry. Does anyone know if LV wallets have RDIF blocking? It would be nice if they did.
Unfortunately, they don't have RDIF blocking.

Reactions: Venice04