Recomendations for getting rid of Stretch Marks

I heard Mederma may help. It's usually used to fade the appearance of scars, and you can get it at most drugstores I think. I want to try it for my stretch marks, but will need to buy a ten gallon bucket size or something...

Never had a baby but my weight has gone up and down, up and down.....and now I have some stretch marks, I just hate them:sad:
Is there anything I could do with them...? I've heard there are some creams but do they really help or are they just waste of money?

I've asked multiple dermatologists and there is nothing that can be done about stretch marks. Some people swear by creams, but if they had success with that then it's not because of the cream, it's because they had a genetic advantage (stretch marks don't run in their family). Sorry. I have them too from 2 pregnancies and they are sooo unsightly. They were an angry purply red at first, but have since faded to a light pink.

With time, stretch marks usually fade from red to silvery.

I'm actually curious about this as well. Is there some sort of diet that helps you get nutrients that repair skin? Maybe that combined with some sort of spa type treatment?

Short of plastic surgery, what do women who have had twins do?

Most of my stretch marks are quite whitish shade, almost silvery like Kristy said and some of them are pinkish tone so I guess they are both older and newer then? The weird (and maybe promising?) thing is that I'm the only one having them in my family -they all have gained and lost weight several times just like me, so could it have something to do with having atopic and very dry skin type..? :shrugs: Creams might be worth to try for me..?

Never had a baby but my weight has gone up and down, up and down.....and now I have some stretch marks, I just hate them:sad:
Is there anything I could do with them...? I've heard there are some creams but do they really help or are they just waste of money?

not a darn thing unless you're ready for a tummy tuck of that is where they are.
Otherwise over time they will fade and be less noticable.

^ ...I might do that if I gain weight too much in future, hopefully dont need to as I've heard it's quite rough operation.. But good to know that helps with stretch marks too, thanks for this information ;) For now I'll go for creams.

Has anyone tried buffing them, that sounds like it might make it even worse..?

eBay: LOOK Mom ! Now I Can Buff My Stretch Marks Away !!! (item 140041359823 end time Oct-22-06 00:18:43 PDT)

Only time will lighten them, dont waste your money. Stretch marks are cause by tears in the underlying skin, Ie due to weight gain/being prego and genes. Creams will help add moisture so they are less itchy and frankly you can buy that at the drug store.

Thanks for advices, I'll try some cream to moisture them. I read the thread on the link Prada Psycho posted - that made feel a bit better about them :rolleyes:
I still hate them but I try to learn to live with them if miracles wont happen with cream :Push:

merderma and palms coco butter lightens them, I have very very very very light ones from when my weight flucutates. But luckily *fingers crossesd* they arent that viewable.