Really???

True, you can't force her to sell you the purse, but you can refuse to cancel the transaction and leave her a neg. Make sure you mention that she refused to honor your high bid in hopes of selling it to someone else for more.

Oh wow... I would definitely leave a neg telling everyone why. So for at least 3 months people can still see the neg & get linked to the listing! Good luck to her reselling that bag within the 3 months!

Yep, that's definatley worth a negative. What a turd! I would leave the neg and as mentioned before, put in there what she did. Dont cancel!

Ebay is getting way way way out of control. It really makes me not want to sell on there any more. What a freaking rip!

Thanks all for listenting to my rant....I've calmed down a bit since last night, but it still chaps my britches a little. After I replied 'no' to the request to cancel the transaction, she sent a follow-up e-mail (through e-bay messages) indicating that she would not accept my payment as the purse is no longer for sale.....So, I guess I'll take everyone's suggestions and file a non-performing seller report.
Sheesh, I've been buying on E-bay for almost 10 years and nothing like this has ever happened to me......well, I did once get the, "oops, I got ink on your purse while I was boxing it up, so I don't think you want it now", excuse, but never a flat-out truth like "I'm going to relist this to see if I can get more money" line....oh well.
It happens more than you think. You've just been lucky. I bid and won a poorly listed pair of SFAMK jeans that were a hot pair to have at the time. They were going for $100+ on ebay and I won for $35. I won and paid immediately. The seller never contacted me until I contacted them 4 days later to see when they would ship them. They told me they weren't going to sell them to me because they could get more money if they re list. I said no to the cancellation, so the seller left me a false positive that called me a B**** and a C*** in it lol! To top it off the seller refused to refund my money! I filed a NPS and they were NARU'd and I got my money back, but no jeans.

It happens more than you think. You've just been lucky. I bid and won a poorly listed pair of SFAMK jeans that were a hot pair to have at the time. They were going for $100+ on ebay and I won for $35. I won and paid immediately. The seller never contacted me until I contacted them 4 days later to see when they would ship them. They told me they weren't going to sell them to me because they could get more money if they re list. I said no to the cancellation, so the seller left me a false positive that called me a B**** and a C*** in it lol! To top it off the seller refused to refund my money! I filed a NPS and they were NARU'd and I got my money back, but no jeans.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? What in the heck is wrong with people? I absolutely detest the "C" word! I hope you left her a big fat NEGATIVE!

Been super busy at work today and hadn't had a chance to file the non-performing seller report through E-bay till now.
This form is really confusing asking me for the "email header", "e-mail body" and my "question/concern"....I filled out what I thought I was supposed to do indicating the seller ID, Item # w/ a short synopsis of all the events that took place (I put the synopsis in the 'e-mail message' body section), then in the 'question/concern', I put, "can the seller do this?" and checked the box to have a copy sent to my e-mail.
I just read the copy and all it says is "can a seller do this? " so obviously I didn't complete the form correctly and I don't think E-Bay got any of the deails regarding this trasnaction.....Guess I'll try it again. Any advice from someone who's filed one of these before?

Oh, and get this, she relisted the same purse later yesterday evening w/ a higher starting bid and a BIN option, but then I guess she ended it early w/ no bidders....Not sure what that's all about? Some kind of scam she's running?

@ Peacocky~ I'd be OVER THE EDGE if she had taken my payment and not sent it!!! This is really turning me off buying anything from E-bay anymore....*shrug*.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there is a quicker way to go about this. But send payment through paypal. (So that she doesn't later claim that you didn't pay and file a NPB on you) Then file an INR claim. In the claim state that she corresponded through ebay messaging and is violating ebay policy. Also state that she relisted the item. Escalate the claim. Then call ebay to make a decision. While you're on the phone with the rep, tell them you want to report this seller for violating policy and that you want a NPS strike to her. You will be able to leave feedback from your My Ebay page.

Also what is her ebay user name? I want to avoid buying anything from her in the future.

SOrry to hear this CA... I've got 3 weeks so far after an auction, no tracking number and unresponsive seller to my questions on the item. That looks like a INR waiting to happen...

Make sure you call/email ebay, let them know you want to pay if she's going to sell it, as you don't want to get a strike because seller claims you never paid!

I'm not sure if there is a quicker way to go about this. But send payment through paypal. (So that she doesn't later claim that you didn't pay and file a NPB on you) Then file an INR claim. In the claim state that she corresponded through ebay messaging and is violating ebay policy. Also state that she relisted the item. Escalate the claim. Then call ebay to make a decision. While you're on the phone with the rep, tell them you want to report this seller for violating policy and that you want a NPS strike to her. You will be able to leave feedback from your My Ebay page.

Also what is her ebay user name? I want to avoid buying anything from her in the future.

crazzee_shopper- I had paid (w/ CC) through Paypal immediately after I'd won the item but she won't accept the payment. The status in paypal says "unclaimed', so basically there is just a hold on my CC. I guess that will clear off after a few days since Paypal won't 'settle' the payment since the seller won't claim it. I'm not sure if posting the seller's ID is allowed, but I'll PM it to you....I noticed she had low feedback :heart:0 (but 100%) but what I failed to notice yesterday was that the FB was all as a buyer and this was her first time selling something. I have her ID saved and will keep checking from time-to-time to see if she relists the purse again in the future.

SOrry to hear this CA... I've got 3 weeks so far after an auction, no tracking number and unresponsive seller to my questions on the item. That looks like a INR waiting to happen...

Make sure you call/email ebay, let them know you want to pay if she's going to sell it, as you don't want to get a strike because seller claims you never paid!

Thanks for commiserating bunny- sorry to hear something similar happened to you too!

Thanks got your PM. You may post ebay ID on tpf, just not tpf ID.

If she doesn't "claim" the payment within a number of days (I think 30?) then the charges gets reversed to you. BUT if you win a dispute, paypal will automatically refund you the money after paypal sides with you.

I think at this point, just file the INR on her and escalate it.