Really...why do you like Louis Vuitton???

I'm a fan of the classic styles and simple designs of most of LV's collections. They are timeless. I'm not into too many bells and whistles attached to my bags; hence, I don't like the denim patchwork collection. The classic styles appeal to my practical side.

Granted, they are recognized all around the world as pricey, designer goods, yet I buy into that. Yes, I can be shallow.

My wandering eye wanders back to LV time and time again. Even though I have purchased bags from other designers, I like the feeling of carrying a Louis Vuitton. I particularly like the damier, epi, and vernis bags/accessories right now. Though I still have two monogram bags, I prefer the other materials. For example, when someone takes a double take or compliments you on an epi bag, you know they are a true fan of Louis Vuitton. They have an appreciation for the brand and perhaps the craftsmanship. To the mini-LV fan, the monogram pattern is all they know.

Ultimately, I enjoy LV because I like they way many of the bags look and feel. Plain and simple.

XOXO
Melocoton

I like LV for the quality, status, and for the fact that it will always be in style. LV is very durable...my bags will last a lifetime and they're durable around my kids. I like that they don't go on sale....I don't have to feel bad that I just spent over $1k on a bag and now it's marked down half price. I get a bag whenever I find one that appeals to me. I don't buy for the sake of adding another bag to my collection...I buy what I love and what I will use for a long time.

Reactions: ladysarah
I love the way I feel when I carry my LV bags --- it is the ultimate high for me. It doesn't hurt when you throw in "STATUS" in there, too. LOL

I buy a bag when I really love it and obsess over it for many sleepless nights; sometimes I buy two a month, sometimes none at all --- it all depends. I've tried to add LV bags to my collection that is unique and meets my minimum dollar criteria even though I have to wait a while sometimes to accumulate the money to get a bag.

i just got into LV recently and have always liked the LE items. I like that they can be soooo funky and trendy and yet be iconic and classic at the same time, a la speedy mirage :biggrin: and for sure i lvoe that they have the coolest accessories and little trinklets! you get really boring stuff from chanel and gucci IMO (although I do own items from both lines!!). but i mean, LV just seems to be much funkier with their LE items (thanks Marc Jacobs!), and that is what attracts me.

I also like that people can save a bit more to afford a luxury item that is both classic and timeless, and with great quality. I know people want to buy items that are extremely exclusive, and that no one has and that's why they're turned off by LV, but for people like those, they should just suck it up, stick to LE items and stop complaining/hating!!

anyway, overall, LV has always been my dream to own, and now that I'm old enough and have saved enough, I relish in the fact that I worked hard for the bags I carry from LV :smile:

I am going to be honest. I like LV because its something classy not everyone has (exclusivity), because its well made (for the most part), and because it attratcs attentions and makes me feel good on both counts.

I love LV because it is timeless and it makes a statement. I am on a self-imposed ban but I usually buy at least 3-4 bags a year plus some accessories and scarfs (hence the ban).

Up until about 3 months ago I thought I would NEVER buy a logo'd bag. Then one of my customers told me about the outstanding service she got when her 25 year old bag had to be repaired. That did it for me, I thought I want that QUALITY and service. Now that I have a couple LV bags, I love that they sell only at full price and they never sell seconds. And yeah, I'll admit I feel pretty special when I carry my "status" bags.