Rare 2003 Olive Brown City w/silver hardware

hey ladies, give the seller a break, maybe. You don't know what happened exactly.

What about those of us who watch auctions hoping to win at the end and the auction gets pulled because many buyers make lower offers hoping the seller doesn't know any better.

So, this obviously happened the way it did for a reason. Also, if the seller was so unethical I don't know if Mimi would have still bought the bag. Looks to me like she understood.

hey ladies, give the seller a break, maybe. You don't know what happened exactly.

What about those of us who watch auctions hoping to win at the end and the auction gets pulled because many buyers make lower offers hoping the seller doesn't know any better.

So, this obviously happened the way it did for a reason. Also, if the seller was so unethical I don't know if Mimi would have still bought the bag. Looks to me like she understood.
Some of us know quite a bit more about this than we're letting on, and believe you me, in light of this knowlege, the seller is getting a HUGE break from us.

There is no comparison whatsoever between the heartbreak that auction hopefuls experience when an auction suddenly closes, versus the heartbreak, and legal harm that a winning buyer experiences when an agreed upon and binding sale is unilaterally undone by the seller. Completely inexcusable.

I would not assume that by Mimi bidding on her bag, the seller was ethical. It simply shows that she wanted the bag so I would not be so quick to say that it obviously happened that way for a reason. What is more apparent to me is that Mimi and the seller reached an agreement and the seller reneged. I think it was quite nice of Mimi for not going after the seller for breaking ebay rules by canceling a completed sale and relisting a bag.

On another note (and this isn't only directed at you), I am sick about all the comments from people who get annoyed when an auction ends with a BIN. If you really want a bag, then contact the seller. Everybody is on equal footing when it comes to asking a seller for a BIN just as they are when a bag sells at auction. I have asked sellers to do this as have a ton of other PFers.

I don't mean to sound harsh and I apologize if I do but I have seen people comment about the practice of ending auctions and then days later post that they asked a seller for a BIN.

Congrats Mimi!

Maybe you ought to give Mimi a break? I would not assume that by her bidding on bag, the seller was ethical. It simply shows that she wanted the bag so I would not be so quick to say that it obviously happened that way for a reason. What is more apparent to me is that Mimi and the seller reached an agreement and the seller reneged. I think it was quite nice of Mimi for not going after the seller for breaking ebay rules by canceling a completed sale and relisting a bag.

On another note (and this isn't only directed at you), I am sick about all the comments from people who get annoyed when an auction ends with a BIN. If you really want a bag, then contact the seller. Everybody is on equal footing when it comes to asking a seller for a BIN just as they are when a bag sells at auction. I have done this as have a ton of other PFers.

I don't mean to sound harsh and I apologize if I do but I have seen people comment about the practice of ending auctions and then days later post that they asked a seller for a BIN.

Congrats Mimi!

IF you sound harsh...you need to direct your attitude somewhere else.
We can agree to disagree.

I congratulated the buyer and seller instead of congratulating one and bashing the other, please...

read my post...it's about not jumping on the bandwagon. The only two who know what happened are the buyer and seller. For whatever the reason, the buyer was okay with what happened and still decided to buy the bag. Like you say, probably because she really wanted it. So ya, congrats!