Raisin or Black

Black. The argument about there being lots of fake Black Birkins is equally true for BJ Birkins, IMO, and you'd know that you're carrying the real deal.

MrsSparkles hit the nail on the head when she talked about dressing casually now and preferring a Raisin Birkin for her lifestyle. I wear my Black Birkin for business at least twice each week. Most of my suits and separates are black, so I like the sleekness of the Black Birkin and some color via an Hermes scarf. Or, I wear a Rouge H Box Calf HAC or a Gold Togo Birkin for contrast. Recently, I tried a Raisin Box Calf Maharana clutch when I was wearing typical work attire, and felt there wasn't enough contrast for it to pop. I preferred the Black Maharana as a "go with anything" choice.

So, black if you need a bag that will go with absolutely everything year-round, and raisin if you want something more casual. Finally, I hope you've seen these bags IRL or will have the opportunity to see them before you make your decision. The hardware might be what helps you decide. I'd prefer Raisin PHW, and Black GHW, but that's what would make MY heart sing. Only you know what's best for you.

Wow, I'm surprised there's so many raisin votes. I think RC made it a tad unfair by posting that delicious pic of her raisin birkie! I am leaning to black for me but without knowing:
a) The leather & size, and
b) What you wear,
I don't think I could say what's right for you.

Dressage,
I would race you to get that raisin!

Raisin all the way. To me, black bags are a dime a dozen--all brands do them, and none really stand out.
For me, financially, I would go for a less expensive black bag, and get the raisin--no one can do colors like H!

Well, this is confusing because most of you are saying to go for raisin, but in other threads it appears that most tPFer's own and use black bags most. Here's another twist to the question--if I already have a chocolate Birkin, is that too close to Raisin--would Raisin be adding a missing element?

Well, this is confusing because most of you are saying to go for raisin, but in other threads it appears that most tPFer's own and use black bags most. Here's another twist to the question--if I already have a chocolate Birkin, is that too close to Raisin--would Raisin be adding a missing element?

Only because Raisin is not a common colour offered to H stores.

Chocolate is so different from Raisin, there is no way you would feel like you're duplicating a colour.

You can't go wrong with Raisin. Especially in Coromandel. That's TDF. The next best option is Togo.

I have both raisin and chocolate and I agree with Mrssparkles that raisin is quite different from chocolate. I love my chocolate but raisin is very unusual. I also see raisin as more a year-round color even though it's quite dark (mine is togo).

Raisin - just because it's extremely difficult for me to buy a large black bag for whatever reason. Besides, raisin is a gorgeous neutral that would compliment my wardrobe palette quite well and isn't a huge "in your face" color.

Only because Raisin is not a common colour offered to H stores.

Chocolate is so different from Raisin, there is no way you would feel like you're duplicating a colour.

You can't go wrong with Raisin. Especially in Coromandel. That's TDF. The next best option is Togo.

Or raisin in box - amazing color (though not too sure how available).