Rain Kelly

My 31 Bolide raincoat fits my 32 and 35cm vintage Kellys, fyi any new Bolide/vintage Kelly owners.

Rose, she looks so cuddled and cute! Very well protected!

Whadja get, cmon, tell us!

I will, love to share with you guys. I actually got three scarves this week, so I will photograph them and post next week.

I am such a goofball that i actually put my rainkit on my Birkin just to practice (totally in my house, didn't even step outside with it). I wanted to make sure I got it down and was able to do it quickly incase caught in a sudden down pour.

I am such a goofball that i actually put my rainkit on my Birkin just to practice (totally in my house, didn't even step outside with it). I wanted to make sure I got it down and was able to do it quickly incase caught in a sudden down pour.

LOL, I did that with my kelly, and then I got all panicked when I couldn't re-pack the raincoat absolutely perfectly again, I think I got it right, never opened it since.

I have to say, I've never used the rain coat, I wouldn't like to expose the handle to the rain. Now I either choose not to take her out or I take the Longchamps Pliage packed inside the Kelly.

If there's too much in the Kelly to fit the Pliage, then, and this is NOT a foxy look, LOL, I pack a plastic bag from the supermarket. Here in the UK, Tescos do a re-usable fairly substantial 'green' bag for 10 pence, it comes in a variety of designs, folds up tiny, weighs nothing and fits my 35cm Kelly perfectly, completely covered. Like I said, it's not a great look, but very handy for emergencies only.

Thanks for starting this thread Rose! Before this I haven't thought about the raincoat, it stayed in the box, now I shall bring it out with my kelly! I will do a trial run of unfold/refolding first. :yes:

Rose, did I see you at Hermes yesterday??? I got caught in the rain with my Kelly too. Worse, it was the black box. I had listened to my DH who said it wasn't going to rain, and i was spending the entire day in the city. I had the rain kit in my Kelly, but I was afraid of getting the handle wet so instead, due to my complete paranoia about box leather, I put the Kelly in a very large white garbage bag. (I had brought the garbage bag separately for a different purpose.) Kelly was completely dry, but definitely it was not a good look.
How did you keep the handle dry?

Also, about the rain kit, -- you can definitely just ask your SA (or even any SA) for one. I had a Kelly from the pre-rainkit days, and five years later I just went in with it and asked for one and they gave it to me right away.

Rose, did I see you at Hermes yesterday??? I got caught in the rain with my Kelly too. Worse, it was the black box. I had listened to my DH who said it wasn't going to rain, and i was spending the entire day in the city. I had the rain kit in my Kelly, but I was afraid of getting the handle wet so instead, due to my complete paranoia about box leather, I put the Kelly in a very large white garbage bag. (I had brought the garbage bag separately for a different purpose.) Kelly was completely dry, but definitely it was not a good look.
How did you keep the handle dry?

I've used the rainkit for a box calf kelly, but also wound up tucking the bag inside my coat because I was worried about the handle. For that reason, I prefer the rather inelegant garbage bag/Hermes bag fully covered approach, too.

wha? how did i miss this? what did you buy yesterday? details!

I got a silk mouselline scarf:

Tods123 helped me with the ID:

Giverny
Laurence Thioune

It's based on the famous paintings of Monet. Claude Monet lived in Giverny for 43 years. His House and his gardens and the village of Giverny were his subject matters for many of his master pieces. That includes the one featured in the center of the scarf.