quilted MP on ebay - are these the same bag?

i really like sophisticated bags myself, like the chanel classic and hermes. but, i suppose i do not have a sophisticated looking face, hehehe, so i can't dress that way, hence, i can't carry bags which are on the same vein, even if i really really want to. i normally have to funk a more formal bag a bit before i can carry them without looking funny...

no one carry MJ here, the only boutique who does "on pedder" do not stock MP i don't think. i think i may have to rely on my well honed imagination and visualization technique (from having to survive fakes on line for so long). actually, i am still preoccupied with my stams, until this particular saga is resolved, i dont think i can focus...

as for your little stam baglover, i think you should sell it on ebay. most people generally can tell if it is a fake or if it is real. with enough pics and reasonable starting price, i think you have a good chance of getting some money back. although i have to say that i heard it is a lot of hassle to sell MJ (or was it stams?) on ebay is that true? is this because there are so many fakes and you have to face anxious and nervous buyers? i must say that it is disconcerting to realize that for the first time, with MJ stams, i can't actually tell which are good fakes and which are real, in terms of viewing and buying them online (i am normally reasonably able to distinguished fakes and reals, with fendis and guccis and the like, and they all have been good buys so far). i suppose when faking became rampant for a particular style, it is more stressful to buy and sell online (like with LVs). i am just a tad dissapointed that good fakes of stams managed to do so only within a year of its issue. LV fakes have an advantage of over 30 years of imitating skills and experiences before they became good. MJ easier to fake...?

I cannot incorporate a funky/sporty (or overly casual) bag into my outfits, my work wardrobe consists of heels, pencil skirts, slacks, suits, etc.

Ebay is flooded with fake MJ bags, it's really bad for both buyers and sellers nowadays. I bought 4 discontinued/older MJ bags from ebay before, two of them were from familar & trustworthy sellers. I'm still very nervous about good-fakes, having the correct hardware details is not good enough for me. For color combination that I'm not familiar with, I have to check with friends who followed MJ from way back. I seek advises from friends on sellers' previous sold items as well -- to be absolutely sure. It was just too stressful for me, I just browse for fun now.

I am lucky to live in a city with many shopping centers. Unless the seller is totally trustworthy & reliable (only some that I would buy from), I won't take the ebay route no matter how good the deal is. I just don't buy it if I don't want to pay enough $$ for it.

^ It's true that people have different preference in things. I like lady-like, dressy, sophiscated, and elegant bags -- I love Chanel's flap/reissue. I have a weakness for frame bags, I cannot resist buying them. I am a fan of Prada bags too.

Does your local department store carry MP? You should try it on before buying. Most ebay purchases don't allow returns/exchanges so you have to be sure that you want it.

I recently bought Little Stam (because it's a frame bag) from MJ boutique, I have serious buyer's remorse. I always knew that the thick chain is not my style, I don't know what I was thinking at the time. I have never sold any bags on ebay so re-selling is never something I consider for myself. My SIL/sister don't like it either so I can't give it them.

hey baglover

can't you return the little stam to MJ for store credit and exchange for the pouchette you were eyeing?

Alternatively, I would ask my little girlfriend for you if she wants the little stam. She is very petite and love the stam but is too big for her. She just got a Miu Miu coffer and is getting the quilted Balenciaga too so I would check with her if she wants to get a third bag within a month.....hahahah like you bag.lover?:nuts:

When you're carrying the bag on your shoulder, it does slouch in the middle...it's only when the chain is relaxed does it slouch on the sides. If you're looking for a larger bag, then def pass on these because they're both small. Do you have a photo of the actress from Grey's? Love that show BTW.. too bad there are reruns until mid jan!

i am just concern that the bag will look like how it is pictured carried by kate moss in our celebrity thread. can you see how the whole top row of the bag collapsed into the bag, not pretty. but if it is slumping only in the middle, the way non-quilted MPs do, then it is rather nice and organic looking, which i like.

another thing, the quilted MPs seem to hang lower, compared to the non-quilted MPs. is the chain strap longer than the leather one? i am wondering because i saw in some pics how the MPs are snug under the arm, and yet looking at venessa carlton and kate moss pictured carrying them, they hang rather lower?

can't you return the little stam to MJ for store credit and exchange for the pouchette you were eyeing?

MJ boutiques only allow exchange or store credit within 7 days of purchase (it's been almost a month). Stella's very helpful that day, I would feel really bad returning it. She knows that I'm very picky with bags' details, she brought 3 sets of all the bags I was interested in for me to choose from. My good friend was laughing about it too. Heheeee.

Three bags within 1-2 weeks weren't my max yet, I told you about the 7-bags sitting in my living room once right? None of them went back too. I spent too much money on bags this year, I am stopping MJ purchases for now. =)

I thought of giving the little stam to my niece for christmas, but she's still too young. She likes D&B and Coach now, I really shouldn't introduce her to MJ yet.

We aren't allow to sell bags on tPF, it's against tPF policy. Thanks for thinking of me. =)

I asked Stella (my SA at MJ store in LA; 323-653-5148) to check if her store has any Fall 05's QUILTED Multipockets. The following combinations are still available there:

QUILTED Lg Multipocket ($1300USD) in Bordeaux (nappa leather), Petrol (nappa & icy), and Violet (nappa).

QUILTED Multipocket ($1100USD) in Bordeaux (nappa leather), Petrol (nappa & icy), and Violet (nappa).

If interested, please ask for Stella there. If you would like to contact her via e-mail, PM me for her addy.

:bump: i know that thithi said that the quilted mp weighs under 3lbs, but does anyone know the exact weight? i was thinking about getting one as a going out bag, but am wondering if it's a bit too big, heavy and cumbersome for a night out. what do you guys and girls think?

:bump: i know that thithi said that the quilted mp weighs under 3lbs, but does anyone know the exact weight? i was thinking about getting one as a going out bag, but am wondering if it's a bit too big, heavy and cumbersome for a night out. what do you guys and girls think?

My Quilted MP weighed 2 lb. 4 oz., whereas my bordeaux MP weighs 1 lb 10 oz. I never thought it was heavy or cumbersome because it's only 9.5" x 9" x 5". I think it could be a nice night out bag, but probably not appropriate for an evening bag, if you know what I mean.