Quick trip off ban island!

Without further ado - introducing my black 226 with ghw. This to me is the chanel classic. I've always loved the reissues more than the classics for their ease yet chicness. My mom however is not a fan and so when I saw a color in the classic I loved I always gravitated towards it more because I knew she would love it too. But, when I heard of the price increase I knew I couldn't not have this. Surprisingly I'm loving my mustard flap more now (that color... it's hard not to!) but I know this bag will carry me well throughout time so it will be loved just as much:smile:

Now I'm supposed to be heading back to the island but if a grey or beige 226 appeared I'd have to do some serious thinking!

Attachments

• DSCN3444_zps43de6bfa.jpg
    DSCN3444_zps43de6bfa.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN3445_zps945b03e6.jpg
    DSCN3445_zps945b03e6.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN3448_zps95d51d27.jpg
    DSCN3448_zps95d51d27.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN3449_zpsc2c97506.jpg
    DSCN3449_zpsc2c97506.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 146
Without further ado - introducing my black 226 with ghw. This to me is the chanel classic. I've always loved the reissues more than the classics for their ease yet chicness. My mom however is not a fan and so when I saw a color in the classic I loved I always gravitated towards it more because I knew she would love it too. But, when I heard of the price increase I knew I couldn't not have this. Surprisingly I'm loving my mustard flap more now (that color... it's hard not to!) but I know this bag will carry me well throughout time so it will be loved just as much:smile:

Now I'm supposed to be heading back to the island but if a grey or beige 226 appeared I'd have to do some serious thinking!

This bag is so gorgeous; congrats on getting the one that was always in your mind and heart! Such an iconic always bag that epitomizes Chanel!

I know there's been some talk about quality going down. But, let me say this bag is a 19 series and arrived perfectly. Here are some images of the distress level - which in my opinion is very distressed. It definitely varies throughout the bag but that's what makes the distressed leather so unique! :loveeyes::loveeyes:

Attachments

• DSCN3450_zps805e3b6c.jpg
    DSCN3450_zps805e3b6c.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN3452_zpsb9e2203f.jpg
    DSCN3452_zpsb9e2203f.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN3453_zpsd6882c8e.jpg
    DSCN3453_zpsd6882c8e.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 144
I know there's been some talk about quality going down. But, let me say this bag is a 19 series and arrived perfectly. Here are some images of the distress level - which in my opinion is very distressed. It definitely varies throughout the bag but that's what makes the distressed leather so unique! :loveeyes::loveeyes:

Congrats on getting your HG! I love all the photos! I remember you mentioning the part about your mom not liking the reissues from before. :biggrin: This one is such an iconic and beautiful Chanel bag. Enjoy!!!

Congrats on getting your HG! I love all the photos! I remember you mentioning the part about your mom not liking the reissues from before. :biggrin: This one is such an iconic and beautiful Chanel bag. Enjoy!!!

Thanks poohbag! Even today she asked me which I was preferring and when I said the yellow she said "me too... the other looks old." But the heart wants what it wants :P Couldn't be more pleased with these two :heart:

Thanks poohbag! Even today she asked me which I was preferring and when I said the yellow she said "me too... the other looks old." But the heart wants what it wants :P Couldn't be more pleased with these two :heart:

:lol: I love the wrinkles! Your yellow is sublime. You scored two great beauties!

mixed emotions here...

SAD cause I dont have mine. like you this is my HG bag and have been waiting for the right time to get it. I thought maybe I can go have a trip to europe and buy it there... but price increase told me not to wait till then.

Also HAPPY for you that is... its a beautiful purse! enjoy! hoping to join you soon.

mixed emotions here...

SAD cause I dont have mine. like you this is my HG bag and have been waiting for the right time to get it. I thought maybe I can go have a trip to europe and buy it there... but price increase told me not to wait till then.

Also HAPPY for you that is... its a beautiful purse! enjoy! hoping to join you soon.

Thank you H-Angel. I actually first looked in the US and couldn't find it in saks or BG or Hirsh (was hoping to get no tax) and so I opted to get it in the UK. If you can claim VAT back the EU new price is still cheaper than the US if you include US tax (probably).. it comes out to around $5050 and that's with only cash back (I estimated 10%)... if you get it back on your card it may even work out cheaper than in the US without tax!!