Quick Question: Have you ever felt guilty ....

LTC: yes, I feel very guilty sometimes! almost like a voyeur...shamefully admiring everyone's reveals and MaiTai's fabulous thread, etc. Some of them move so fast that by the time I pop back in to read I have to go back several pages to see everything, then I don't post because I have to keep track of everyone's outfits and add them all to a post. Then I feel even guiltier because other people seem to have no problem doing it! I am busy at work most times, so I manage to surf only occasionally (have tPF on browser for during occasional breaks), and post even less.

And look, here I am, managing to post! Now I feel even worse!

What a reassuring thread this is for a newbie like me! Thank you licencetocook for posting in the first place, and to all of you who have said that it's OK not to be able keep up with every single post - I have wanted to participate more in the threads mentioned earlier - what fun they are, and a fantastic source of ideas! - but have been hesitant to do so because I am afraid I will not be able to keep up and will seem rude as a result. I am in awe of the wonderful ladies on other posts who seem to be able to post several times a day AND have a busy life/job/kids etc. DOn't know how you do it!

What a reassuring thread this is for a newbie like me! Thank you licencetocook for posting in the first place, and to all of you who have said that it's OK not to be able keep up with every single post - I have wanted to participate more in the threads mentioned earlier - what fun they are, and a fantastic source of ideas! - but have been hesitant to do so because I am afraid I will not be able to keep up and will seem rude as a result. I am in awe of the wonderful ladies on other posts who seem to be able to post several times a day AND have a busy life/job/kids etc. DOn't know how you do it!

Good point and I agree, sometimes I look at threads and posters have quoted every person with details I think wow - good girl / guy! :faint::tup::flowers:

sushi queen, Hi!!
yes, the threads sometimes move so fast, and the fear of missing someone out is greater than the fear of not posting at all!!
I too am in awe of the wonderful members who remember all the previous posts, when my memory is so weak!!

We have such great members posting such inspiring pics! I really feel like I am letting them down!!

LTC - adorable avatar, and thank you for the thread!

I do feel guilty as well since I was very active during the first few months of signing up, and now just bobbing in & out of a few threads due to work/life circumstances..

I am new to TPF and I appreciate all the knowledge sharing it is priceless. I am fascinated with this site it has helped me tremendously when I was looking for my first birkin. Thanks to all

:heart: LTC, you have made so many contributions to this forum!!!

We all just do what we can, sometimes we have to step off for a while...you know I am guilty of that, too...if someone responds to everybody in a thread, its great, but if someone just says "thanks everybody" thats allright by me!!!

If I see someone who hasn't been around in a while, all I feel is happy!!! Especially if there is a little ballerina in the avatar!!! :smooch:

Nah, not at all. We are all here for fun. I don't think anyone does reveals to get the ooohs and ahhhs. I think we all reveal just for the fun and to share. Like adult show and tell! Have fun and don't worry. If someone wants to comment, great, if not, it's not a big deal! There are LOTS of lurkers, so that is fine too. Whatever you are comfy with is really the most acceptable form of "nettiquette". :balloon:

LTCthis thread just goes to show how thoughtful you are!

I have given up posting on the threads that move too fast...I tried a couple of times in the cheap outfits thread, but it's impossible to remember everyone's names and outfits or to keep a pad and pen nearby!

Sometimes just a general compliment has to suffice!

And your DD is just too adorable!!! Like a little angel!

^^very thoughtful indeed!

I am guilty of lurking on a lot of threads and not commenting but thinking very nice things about all the tpf members. This has been a nice way to relax so I escape by looking at all the lovely photos, listening to everyone's stories and getting inspiration from such a warm and giving community.

^^very thoughtful indeed!

I am guilty of lurking on a lot of threads and not commenting but thinking very nice things about all the tpf members. This has been a nice way to relax so I escape by looking at all the lovely photos, listening to everyone's stories and getting inspiration from such a warm and giving community.

me too!!. I love the scarf thread and H it Up esp.

Great question! I don't so much feel guilty, more like unable to keep up. Because of my job I only have a bit of time each day to log on, unlike some lucky ladies who can spend lots of fun time here and stay caught up! So when I log on I feel so far behind that I almost don't post at all anymore.

LTC: this forum stretches many time lines, and sometimes catching up does feel like training for the triathlon!
I think everyone understands the schedules of life .. so please don't feel bad that you can't list everyone, every time.
Love this thread and your heartfelt expressions, a v caring gesture from you to all of us .. :hugs: for you and princess!