Quick question about purchasing a Chanel from Neiman!

call neiman las vegas b/c i think they accept visa/MC/amex/NM charge and have them ship it to you. but i don't think they any pink bag on sale.. last time i was there, they only have really small selection on sale.

I wonder if there is some law in Nevada that prohibits NM from ONLY accepting their specific card (and AMX). Because I can not figure out any other reason that no other NM store can NOT accept other CC's. Even BG accepts all CC's.

COuld it be they like the "snob" factor at NM?

As for best selection. It truely varies. I love my local Saks, but NM I can take or leave.

^^^The line I was given by an SA when *I* was face-to-face with this situation is that Visa/MC sells customer info to marketing companies and "We at NM value our customer's privacy, so we don't take Visa/NM."

Of course if you order online or buy in Vegas, I guess your privacy doesn't mean squat. :roflmfao:

I personally think it's because of the finance charges they get instead of allowing Visa/MC get them.
If people are spending tens of thousands in their store each year, why would they knowingly allow Visa/MC get all those beautiful finance charges?

^^^Amen on that point, Swank! Last time I looked at the NM card terms, they were up to around 23% on their card!! That's well and good if you pay your bill in full when it arrives, but most of us will spread our payments out for a few months. That 23% makes even sales prices not so great unless you do pay in full.

weird they only allow amex and not visa and mc because amex charges around 3.5% (around that figure) that's why most smaller stores in australia do not take amex

neways back to the question when i purchased my cambon wallet from NM kingofprussia i think it was she redirected me to customer service and i bought a gift card with my visa then paid for the wallet

CharityJ!!! That makes even more SENSE! Why didn't any SA recommend that to me. Here I am begging friends to let me borrow their AMEX to buying gazillion gift cards on ebay and NM site. When all I had to do was to call Las Vegas!!! Oh well I already purchased a gift card on ebay the seller is emailing the digits in a bit.

You should be able to buy the gift card directly from NM with your visa. You don't have to go to outside sources (ebay, etc)- if that makes sense. The reason I know this is b/c before I had NM charge I didn't know the policy. I had nice stack of stuff and in order to keep from losing the sale the SA told me I could buy NM gift card with my visa. Hope that is more clear.

you cant use your VISA/MC in the store to buy a gift card, only INTERNATIONAL VISAS CCs are used in customer service to buy the gift card. I already asked 57457 times. You have to either buy them with cash.check inside the store or go to an ATM or buy them 24hrs in advance from NM.com and they email you the numbers.

they said they dont take visa.mc because these cards dont offer protection for them ie. chargebacks, fraud use etc etc + they can!! They would rather someone open a NM charge and rack up the finance charges....Its not worth it to me either, esp if you arent even paying your bill in full.

That happened to me as well. I went to buy some jeans at Neiman marcus and when I was ready to pay, the lady THEN told me that they don't accept Visa (which is suppose to be accepted anywhere)! So I had to go ALL the way to the bank (how convient I forgot my checkbook) to get cash. I don't shop there that much anymore.