Quick announcement for Balenciaga

okay, well here I go again, but wouldn't that bring us even closer to the pitfalls of Achtung Balenciaga than the Ebay Finds idea? Since it involves discussion? I think the forum is working brilliantly as it is now as well. Ebay authenticity questions are seemingly all we need. Fingers crossed this isn't a huge pitfall in the making.

Let's not forget that Achtung led to much higher prices for sellers, since there was such a frenzy around the bags. I'm not sure how this new system will benefit pf members, unless they're selling. And will negative comments be allowed, like last time? Members would talk down the condition of a bag, or claim that a bag was fake...only to pick up that bag for cheap once they'd driven away all other interest. It really brought out the worst in people. I hope this time it will be closely monitored so the same thing doesn't happen again. Thanks for listening:tup:

Let's not forget that Achtung led to much higher prices for sellers, since there was such a frenzy around the bags. I'm not sure how this new system will benefit pf members, unless they're selling. And will negative comments be allowed, like last time? Members would talk down the condition of a bag, or claim that a bag was fake...only to pick up that bag for cheap once they'd driven away all other interest. It really brought out the worst in people. I hope this time it will be closely monitored so the same thing doesn't happen again. Thanks for listening:tup:

:tup:I have no intention at this time of participating in that part of the forum. We all know how to use Ebay for buying or selling. Searching for Balenciaga takes a fraction of time that it would take one to come here and find what was listed. When I list I don't like my bags being discussed on here and it also drives the prives insanely high and I won't pay those ridiculously high prices ever again.

Hey, all I am saying is that the option is there to discuss ebay finds in the shopping section. Whether or not the community takes dis-/advantage of it is ultimately up to you all. :tup:

We can revisit this regulation in a month or two and see if it's had a negative or positive impact on the Balenciaga market place.

Vlad, we appreciate the vote of confidence, really. But I'm with powderpuff - the higher prices when I sell aren't worth the higher prices when I buy... Nor is the fear of being dissed and/or discussed by people who either don't know what they're talking about or have ulterior motives. I won't be using that part of the forum either, and I hope it doesn't "use" me!

Thank you and I didn't mean it shouldn't be there. I think everyone apreciates all the hard work that is done to keep this great forum up and running smoothly! :tup:The forum is great, the new mods are great, everyone is freindly and it's a great place to come to. I just meant that I personally don't have a need for it and won't use it. Since Achtung bit the dust the days of $2800.00 Balenciaga bags is gone as it should be. The prices became stable as son as Achtung disappeared. I have always believed it was just a place to hype and inflate prices of bags that people had listed.
When I sold bags I didn't like them being discussed on Achtung, even though they were always mint condition and nothing negative was ever said, it made me uncomfortable to have people saying "good luck powderpuff", "gorgeous bag", etc. I rarely sold a bag on ebay until Actung was gone.

Thanks Vlad! I didn't post on it because I thought it was post-only and comments and thought/analysis were not allowed. To clarify, are comments on eBay finds allowed now on the Shopping section?

TIA!