Questions from Newbie - part time satchel?? - vert thym?? Help!

Hi! I just joined the forum and posted the other day about searching for my first Balenciaga bag.

I really wanted one in the Vert Gazon or Violet colors and started calling around today. I found one at a department store in the Vert Gazon that the sales person is telling me is a 'part time satchel' - she says that is looks different from a part time but I can't find it in tPF style reference - is anyone familiar with this style?

Also, I found a city bag in the Vert Thym, which I am not familiar with - is this one of the new 2008 colors?

Thanks for your help! Megan :yes:

I believe there is only one Part-time style. If you check the Clubhouse section, there is a thread that is devoted to only Part-times. A Vert Gazon PT is a rare find. I believe a tPF member recently saw one from Barney's.

As for Vert Thyme, it is a 2008 color. I am surprised to see it out already. The 2008 colors aren't due to come out until sometime in December. Which store did you see it at?

Thanks for your help! I settled on a city bag in violet. I was originally set on a green one, but the violet is just so gorgeous I couldn't resist - I am so excited to get it!!!

Anyway, one of the sales associates at the store in Boston where they had the Vert Thym did send me a picture of the bag (I think it was a City in Vert Thym). I compared it to the swatch and it looked like it was the new color so I guess they got an early shipment? Anyway, it is a gorgeous color but the violet was irresistable! :smile:

Thanks again for your help!