Question to those of you who have Motorola Razrs

I have a pink (magenta?) Verizon Razr as well. :smile: And yeah, the screens get smudged. And they'd probably get scratched too unless you get protectors for them. If you're thinking of doing so then I highly recommend this ebay seller named "screenpatronus". A little more expensive than the other screen protectors but in my opinion they're worth the extra money! Can't even tell they're on.

The reception is ok...it did skip a little when I was using it in my apartment but I'm not sure if it was due to the reception on my end or my friend's.

The camera isn't so great but it does the job. The pictures aren't very high in resolution but clear enough to make out what the objects in the picture are. And you can adjust the camera settings to indoor, outdoor, night, etc.

Ooh, and I just found out that there's a speakerphone on it!

i hate my Razr phone. the buttons on the sides are really horrible because i'm always pressing them by accident and then it will either mute the ring tone or something. and key pads are pretty ****ty, and i hate the way the text messaging works. all in all i prefer my old phone to this one. it looks cool, but really that's about it.

I had the razr V3 in silver and now i bought the V3i. the old one the silver had a problem with the blootouth, small memory ,problem with the camera(after one year stopped working) and the top left button did not function after a year as wll.BUT i love the sleek design so i bought the V3i and it has an extra memory card which is great for storing more pics and ring tones plus it has a great software where you can edit your favorite song and create your own ring tones. If you have a choice go for the V3i.

I join taco and fayden in dissent.

I have Cingular service, which is good. But for the Razr, the pluses are being slick-looking on the outside and having a decent speakerphone. The minuses for me are:

--the keypad and text functions are difficult to use
--you have to go through 2-3 menus to get to basic functions
--the address book stores only 1 name per number (so if you have a friend with a home phone and cell phone, it's 2 separate address entries)
--the camera quality is poor
--the volume is low, even at the highest setting
--the available ringtones on the phone are limited (and cheesy). I'm an old fart and don't do much downloading of ring tones.

I didn't have many options in phones or carriers cuz I needed a quad band phone with GSM service for work when I travel outside of the US.

I have a Samsung phone with Sprint service as a personal phone and love it so much more than my Razr for work.

RobbieNEmmy said:
Yeah I'll get it for free as well... with the online order rebate, and the New Every Two rebate, it comes out to $0! :smile: I've broken the antenna off of every phone I've had in the past (not on purpose...lol) so a phone without an antenna is definitely one for me! I just was wondering if anything weird happened to those of you who had one... like softwear problems, or bad reception due to the lack of antenna... stuff like that. Thanks KR! :yes:
JUst make sure that the software is updated when a new version comes out but you won't have to worry about that cause an updated version was installed onto my phone when I got it (almost 2 months ago). My friend who has it for over a year has the older software still and she was going to go get it updated. It's really slim so it fits everywhere. Reception seems the same as compared with my old phone but then again I only had it for 2 months. :yes:

sparkles48 said:
I think the Verizon and Cingular Razrs are different? I have the Cingular one in black and I love it so far... the reception quality is great :heart:

ETA - OMG they're giving them for FREE at Verizon?? Why did I pick Cingular?? DARN!

I have Cingular & the Black Razr (got it about three weeks ago) and I LOVE IT! The reception is amazing and in order to keep all the smudges off, I got a plastic type cover...they have leather & rubber ones too...helps ALOT...& I am ALWAYS wiping the LCD down...:idea:

K

I have the pink razr and as far as reception goes I havent had much of a problem...once in a blue moon it will be searching for a network the only things I dont like is how your screens always get smudgy and oily from your hands/lotions anything and the pictures dont come out too well but its really cute and I also have verizon like you

I am also joining taco, fayden and redney. Overall it is a mediocre phone. I have the same complaints they do. I attribute my better reception to switching to Cingular (it gets better reception at my house), not the phone. If I had to do it over, I'd get something else!

I bought a black razr from eBay and I use it with T Mobile... I like it. When RAZRs first came out, I didnt like them at all. I thought the phone was too wide and it was too trendy. Plus, besides the design, it is just a plain phone.
All these things are true, but I still like it. The big, vivid screen is great compared to my crappy v220 I was using. And I love the design.

My mom, on the other hand, hates her silver RAZR. She's had it for a while. She doesnt like that the battery cover on the back of the phone comes off so easily. She's right... but that doesnt make me hate the phone.

Seriously, wait til the V3i comes out (isnt that the one with iTunes?) or when Motorola decides to add some cooler features to the phone. RAZR's look cool, but you may want a phone that has cooler features inside.

I agree with you! I love my pink razr!:yahoo: :heart: So far it does have good reception, and I do have Verizon! The only thing that is somewhat of a problem is that the screen does get dirty. But other than that, it is so cute, especially the pink!:heart:

scarlett_2005 said:
I have the pink razr and I really like it. The reception so far is pretty good. Never had a problem with it. But the little screen on the flip part (the outside) gets smudges on it really easily and when I tried to wipe them off it just smeared.

taco said:
I must be the lone dissenter, I don't like the way the phone fits my hand, it makes long conversations painful. The keypad is a pain to use & texting is pretty hard to do w/o many corrections. I don't love this phone. My hubby however, does looooove it. but he Is a vainpot so form over function is the norm for him.;)
try the phone in your hand , & see if you can easily work the keypad before you buy it.

You're not the only one. I have Verizon too and I contemplated it too. But I didn't like that you have to use a bluetooth headset with it or buy the only ONE headset out there with a cord through Motorola. You still have to charge a bluetooth headset and it still exposes you to stuff that your cell phone exposes you too. I didn't like the buttons either. Plus when I went to the store, there were THREE people in line waiting to return it with gripes.

So I went with the LG 8300--I LOVE it. It's not as "sexy" looking as the Razor, but I love the phone's options, gets great reception, etc.

I got a pink RAZR about two weeks ago, and to be honest, I'm not too impressed. I've been a Samsung user over the last three years, and they are really well organized and easy to use, so I guess I have a problem getting used to the RAZR which is very very different. I'm not too impressed yet (although it has a much better camera than my d500), since I don't feel that I have the same control as I did on the samsung's because of the menu system and buttons, but I think I'm gonna get used to it.

i am also a verizon subscriber... and i just upgraded my phone to Razr about a month ago... and verizon has installed their own software into Razr so the contact isn't bad (we can store quite a few numbers under the same person)... however, verizon wiped out all the motorola original songs and added ugly verizon bars on the home screen... severly decreased the home screen real estate.. but that's for all the verizon phones... :rant:

so far it's fine except that i agree with taco & co that the keypad isn't great... especially if you are a girl with long nails... it's so hard to press sometimes...

also, i find the camera not very good, it doesn't have a flash! i was trying to take pictures at night and doesn't work well at all...

other than that, it does have some good qualities... i like its slim design so that it fits in the jean pocket and tiny purses well...