Travel Question regarding other airlines rules...

oh I thought you meant during take off or landing, once in the air Ive never had anyone say anything about having stuff on your lap or around you.

Nope, I mean during take off and landing. :yes:

I'm well aware of the rules of things being on the ground (i've been a FA for 5 years now), I'm asking if anyone has experienced an airline where you are permitted to have your purse on your lap.

It's not actually.
I flew with a small European airline once, and the aircraft was so small that there was basically no room to do so.

okay, your posts were a little confusing. Looks like you've had lots of answers! :biggrin:

I wrote earlier in this thread that I hated putting LV under the seat for the takoff and landing and a friend of mine told me I should have wrapped it in the blanket- which I thought, why didn't I think of that?! I just read in the NYT yesterday that American Airlines is going to charge $8. for a blanket! Well I guess it's worth it....but sheesh!

I don't have it on my lap, but I have left my purse on the seat next to me during takeoff and landing. My blanket covered it, which may explain why no one said anything about it to me.