Question re: LV Purchasing Limits

Hi Shells, Oh no!
unfortunately returns wouldnt make it so that you purchased less, it will only add toward your return history. I was told by my SA thT I have reached my purchase limit in August and cannot purchase till January. I was able to aquired few pieces then under my husband’s name, might be a way to go without hassle. If you have a regular SA that you buy from sometimes they let you use your husbands account without his presence at the store. Ive done it both ways, took my husband with me and use his account, one time I walked in and jusT his number no questions asked. I havent done the appeal route but I imagine it would be such a hassle. While I am on pause from LV I learned to look at other fashion houses that I was missing out because I was so focused with LV! Chanel is one of them, ysl or gucci! I can start purchasing again in 5 days but im not inlove with any LV pieces at the moment. Hope this helps!
Thank you, I went to Chanel for a long time, but their prices are now so high, I’ve rekindled my love for LV. I’ve been in their system since around 2003-2005, and typically an occasional buyer at most. Quarantine definitely had me up my purchasing habits, and frequent price hikes just made me want to buy things now. I haven’t reached out to any SAs yet since there’s nothing I’m dying to get my hands on at the moment, I just wish there was a way around this to prove I’m not a reseller.

Was it a printed letter? I mean it's one things to alert you that you've reached the purchasing limit for the year and unable to make further purchases but I don't understand why there's a need to place a 2 year ban?? Penalize a client for over purchasing? These restrictions to filter out resellers are getting ridiculous.

I know they had limits but I just assumed exceptions were made to longtime clients with purchase history (10+yrs). I mean I've probably purchased more than 12 items (bags and SLGs) in the past 2 months alone and probably over 20 for the year and fortunately haven't received any warnings or bans via letters or emails.
Yes, I received a letter on LV letterhead, although it came in a hand written envelope, which I found interesting. All questions are to be written and sent to their legal department and not brought to stores. I have at least a 15 year purchasing history of occasional spurts here and there when I get the itch! But definitely nothing that should not have raised red flags until this year - buying 6 key pouches I realize is questionable. Sort of takes the joy out of the purchases I made for my daughters, who are still too young to receive them. I’ve regretted over the years not buying more since prices have increased so rapidly, I just didn’t realize I would be penalized from purchasing for 2 years! I also understand the concern with the resale market, so many people buy and sell for profit, it takes away from customers who just want to purchase for themselves. Alas, I guess time will tell if this leaves so much distaste for me that I end up reselling these instead of giving to my daughters...I’m not sure I will enjoy giving it to them knowing that I was banned from being a customer because of purchasing them

I haven’t gotten a letter or any warning yet.
And I am honestly far from their stated limit! I even called several times but for some reason I am banned from buying anything online!
I think they think of me as a reseller. Since I lately bought 3 (mono, DE and DA) key pouches... over the years I bought 3 Pochette metis (it’s a long story.. but never for reselling! Just had fallen out and back in love with it too many times...) and a lot of other mono bags. But never close to their limit. On the phone I was told “maybe check with the backoffice...” and I guess that’s what I will have to do eventually. Really frustrating tbh.