Question on Repairs!!!

Oooof. I'm so stoopid, I knew someone would ask me this! It's in Melbourne down a tiny arcade. I'll get the number and address and post it here tomorrow. It's not really a shop. Just a kind of counter and he works behind it.

I always just go there so I never take notice of the name etc! His name is Max, Max the Magic Shoe Man!

^^ I think that Rowe55 was actually referring to the store which your 'magic shoe man' referred to - as not selling necessarily authentic Chloe. As she is a fellow Australian - I think she'd probably be interested - as there aren't that many stockists of Chloe in Australia - and if there is some doubt about legitimacy of items - then I'm sure it would be interesting for us to be aware.

^^ I think that given there is question as to the authenticity of items being sold by a 'store' in Australia - that it would be of interest to the Aussie girls if they knew which store. Its hard enough for them to find Chloe 'down under' - without the possibility of a store selling 'grey market' items.

Its also useful of course to have the name of a great 'shoe man' for sure. My concern is that this person has clearly stated that there is a store which is allegedly selling Chloe when they are not authorised and he has stated that Chloe wont authenticate (no change there) or authorise repairs - even though he is THEIR authorised repairer.

Therefore - for me - there are a number of questions here which really need to be answered.

Hopefully LeroyBrown will be able to shed some light on this store - and at least we can do some further checking - if appropriate.

Hi Lescoy, I'm sorry if I have caused any confusion!

Just to clear a few things up..I used the term "authorised" to describe that the repairer repairs for the retail outlet, and is not the "authorised" repairer for Chloe. Sorry if that was confusing.

I have also pm'd Rowe55 the shop name as it was not my personal experience with the bag and I have only had good experiences with them in the past.

It is very difficult to buy Chloe in Australia, but I have never heard that this shop sells anything but authentic bags. I was just interested to learn that some retail outlets are not recognised by Chloe as authorised sellers and therefor won't authorise repairs.

I just wish there were more outlets in Australia and then I might be able to finally get my paddington!

Hi Lescoy, I'm sorry if I have caused any confusion!

Just to clear a few things up..I used the term "authorised" to describe that the repairer repairs for the retail outlet, and is not the "authorised" repairer for Chloe. Sorry if that was confusing.

I have also pm'd Rowe55 the shop name as it was not my personal experience with the bag and I have only had good experiences with them in the past.

It is very difficult to buy Chloe in Australia, but I have never heard that this shop sells anything but authentic bags. I was just interested to learn that some retail outlets are not recognised by Chloe as authorised sellers and therefor won't authorise repairs.

I just wish there were more outlets in Australia and then I might be able to finally get my paddington!

Leroy Brown - Hi - not a problem at all - thanks for confirming the actual information. If the 'magic shoe man' is good in terms of repairs etc., it would actually be useful if you could PM me his information - i.e., name/address/city - as I do have a tiny list of repairers in US and here in UK - and to have one in Australia would be good. I'm hoping to update the Reference section - and this will be a part of it - Its especially good if repairers have been used and been recommended IKWIM?

Any store which Chloe don't list as an authorised stockist - for me - is a concern. There have been issues in the past with this type of thing - and I think chloehandbags, you will certainly recall one such incidence with an online etailer:nuts::nuts:

If you have heard of a store in Australia who stock Chloe - but who Chloe are not recognising as authorised sellers - then I would be grateful if you could PM me that information. We should really be aware of this - as I don't think that we should - at any point - ever point any girl towards a store who is not an Authorised Stockist - as we have to question then - where are they sourcing their items from? If their source is legitimate - then fair enough - but without knowing - there is a concern.There is - without doubt - a 'grey market' and that is somewhere where really none of us 'want to go'.

Hi Lescoy, The Store is called Luisa, i havent actually been in there, but from my knowledge its a premier designer store. I have sent an email to Chloe to find out anyway, cos now im curious and i want peace of mind as well.

For your log books my bag repair guy who fixed my Metallic BL is:
Evans Shoe & handbag repairs.
Royal Arcade Melbourne
335 BOURKE STREET MALL
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000

Leroy Brown - Hi - not a problem at all - thanks for confirming the actual information. If the 'magic shoe man' is good in terms of repairs etc., it would actually be useful if you could PM me his information - i.e., name/address/city - as I do have a tiny list of repairers in US and here in UK - and to have one in Australia would be good. I'm hoping to update the Reference section - and this will be a part of it - Its especially good if repairers have been used and been recommended IKWIM?

Any store which Chloe don't list as an authorised stockist - for me - is a concern. There have been issues in the past with this type of thing - and I think chloehandbags, you will certainly recall one such incidence with an online etailer:nuts::nuts:

If you have heard of a store in Australia who stock Chloe - but who Chloe are not recognising as authorised sellers - then I would be grateful if you could PM me that information. We should really be aware of this - as I don't think that we should - at any point - ever point any girl towards a store who is not an Authorised Stockist - as we have to question then - where are they sourcing their items from? If their source is legitimate - then fair enough - but without knowing - there is a concern.There is - without doubt - a 'grey market' and that is somewhere where really none of us 'want to go'.

Other Australian stores that sell Chloe but are not listed on chloe.com as they are not boutiques: Jean Brown (Queensland) Belinda (across Australia), Miss Louise (Melbourne).

The only listed Australian stockist for Chloe on chloe.com is David Jones in Brisbane. For everything else I guess you just have to email Chloe and ask if they are authorised? You have some luck getting a response from them Lescoy so I'm sure you can check the stores out.

Hope this helps :smile:

Oh, and Jean Brown's Recommended Chloe Repairer is a chain in Queensland called hallelujah Shoe Works. they have a store in brisbane city and one in the valley, which is the one Jean Brown uses and recommends.

Details:
Hallelujah ShoeWorks
Brunswick St Station
Fortitude Valley
QLD, 4006
Australia
Ph: (07) 3112 1288

Last edited:
Thanks Rowe55 and qwerty234 - I think I need to do some research on the stores - and just ensure that they are bona fide - and not 'grey market'. IKWIM?

I'll mail Chloe - and hopefully get a response - I know that initially I asked about a European City and they came back with 2 and then when I questioned that - they then said - 'oh sorry there is also XX' - so the information they give out - isn't always correct.

^^ I think that given there is question as to the authenticity of items being sold by a 'store' in Australia - that it would be of interest to the Aussie girls if they knew which store. Its hard enough for them to find Chloe 'down under' - without the possibility of a store selling 'grey market' items.

Its also useful of course to have the name of a great 'shoe man' for sure. My concern is that this person has clearly stated that there is a store which is allegedly selling Chloe when they are not authorised and he has stated that Chloe wont authenticate (no change there) or authorise repairs - even though he is THEIR authorised repairer.

Therefore - for me - there are a number of questions here which really need to be answered.

Hopefully LeroyBrown will be able to shed some light on this store - and at least we can do some further checking - if appropriate.

Oh, ITA. :yes:

I just meant that it wasn't stupid of Leroy to think Rowe meant the Magic Shoe Man, rather than the store. :smile:

:yes: :sweatdrop:

No, ITA (again!) - authorised is definitely the only way to go, IMHO.

chloehandbags - I think LeroyBrown was being rather self-derogatory - :graucho:
Hehehe...I'm pretty self-derogatory at the best of times Lescoy...I think it's a bit of an Aussie trait...

This is really helpful to know, as a new (2nd hand) Chloe buyer in Australia. There is a greater financial risk involved in buying OS if the bag appears fake, in terms of shipping etc, and returns, and FTF retail seems a much safer deal, even if it's just to get photos.

Retail outlets should be transparent when it comes to their relationships with brands IMO. It can only serve them in the long run can't it? Especially if there are so few in Australia?

Will probs be looking at saving up to fly to NYC now to get my Paddy... :P

I'm losing the little brass studs, I guess they are on my paddington bag. Anyone know where you can just buy replacements. I don't want to send it off. Is this a common problem. I just got it but it's used.