Question on how blueberry colored bag ages

Does anyone know what color Tarrago dye would match pool, lawn or blueberry? I have the blueberry bag boxed up and ready to return but may keep it if I could keep the color as is (does the tarrago chage the texture of the leather at all?)

I think there was a thread at one time saying that spinach Tarrago was a great match for lawn. I can't remember without searching if anybody has done a pool or blueberry bag.

Do you lubriderm your bags and then spray it with Apple Garde? Also, can you gals be specific about what Apple Garde products you use? Apple Rain and Stain Repellent and Apple Leather Cleaner? I've gone to about 8 different places looking for Apple Garde and had no luck. I'm going to purchase online from leatherstuff.com
Thanks!

Sukey, musicgirl is correct about the Spinach Tarrago cream. I made a mental note of that in case I ever needed to spruce up my Lawn Boogie. Sorry, I can't help with the other two colors.

And I'll defer to others for your question, hipmama. Cause I have never treated any of my Tanos.

For blueberry probably midnight blue. You know, I put Tarrago cream on my blueberry boogie (used Navy) and I have regretted it since. My bag didn't even look bad I was just trying to diminish some of the veining. The color cream kinda changed the color and I was no longer looking at beautiful blueberry but boring Navy.

Do you lubriderm your bags and then spray it with Apple Garde? Also, can you gals be specific about what Apple Garde products you use? Apple Rain and Stain Repellent and Apple Leather Cleaner? I've gone to about 8 different places looking for Apple Garde and had no luck. I'm going to purchase online from leatherstuff.com
Thanks!

I have never sprayed with the rain and stain repellent because I am super allergic to chemically smells. I think the cleaner is supposed to be pretty harsh. I use the apple care lotion, it is a conditioner. Sorry I can't help more. TygerKitty sprays hers I know. I'm sure she'll answer when she gets home.

I have never sprayed with the rain and stain repellent because I am super allergic to chemically smells. I think the cleaner is supposed to be pretty harsh. I use the apple care lotion, it is a conditioner. Sorry I can't help more. TygerKitty sprays hers I know. I'm sure she'll answer when she gets home.

Okay, thanks musicgirl. I'll wait. I want to make sure I get the right Apple products before I make my online purchase.

Anyone else?

I'm so lazy when it comes to my bags lol. I *try* to spray them when I get them but I don't do anything else unless something happens to them haha!

I love the marbled look the blue gets when it ages though!

I use the Apple Garde conditioner! I do have the Rain & Spray as well, but after today with my Boogie in the Puddle story I posted, I don't think I will need to spray the bags! I order my Apple Garde stuff on from leatherstuff.com. They ship really fast! It's kinda confusing on their website about the description of the product. Click on the icon that's not the cleaner and it should say conditioner in the description, HTH!

Thanks!

I love the marbled look the blue gets when it ages though!

That's a great way of putting it. I have Blueprint, rather than Blueberry, in a smooshy style, and it's marbled with different shades of blue. I've never seen tan underneath, I think.

Voo, you mention the Lubriderm has made your bags look like new again - are you referring to the depth of colour, or does it actually bring back the shiny, glazed finish?

I used Lexol conditioner on my Apricot Boogie, which was dry-looking from the beginning, and it's made the leather much softer, and the colour more vibrant. But the glazed look is gone. I'm wondering if I should have used Lubriderm instead.

I'm not Voodoo hissyfit and she may have had a different experience but I use the lubriderm on a lot of my Tanos and it is like you said, the leather is softer and the color more vibrant but it doesn't bring back the glazed look. I think you have to treat with something when they're brand new maybe....

Thanks musicgirl! I usually spray them when new, but the Apricot bag was so dry and dull-looking in spots, I didn't want to "set" it, if that makes any sense. I've used the Lexol more sparingly on the Blueprint bag, and it's not had an effect on the glazing there.

^^You're welcome! Yes, I've gotten a couple of bags that were already dry and a little dull (I think from being in the store and handled for awhile). The only ones that I've lubridermed or put the apple conditioner on are bags that have pretty much already lost their glazed look.

That's a great way of putting it. I have Blueprint, rather than Blueberry, in a smooshy style, and it's marbled with different shades of blue. I've never seen tan underneath, I think.

Voo, you mention the Lubriderm has made your bags look like new again - are you referring to the depth of colour, or does it actually bring back the shiny, glazed finish?

I used Lexol conditioner on my Apricot Boogie, which was dry-looking from the beginning, and it's made the leather much softer, and the colour more vibrant. But the glazed look is gone. I'm wondering if I should have used Lubriderm instead.

The Lubriderm brings the color back out and makes the bag look closer to 'new'...I've only been compelled to treat a couple of my bags this way if they look too 'dry' for my taste. My blueprint Boogie, for example, I've never treated with anything and I bought her from MHB when the color came out for Fall 2007 (and I've carried her A LOT):
awyuts.jpg

Yet my apricot Boogie (that I no longer own) had a very 'dry' look to her...so I worked Lubriderm all over the bag. Here's the before and after:

2icae12.jpg